Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 856 Posts

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's an article that consolidates all the known changes to the 2020 Ridgeline:

The refreshed 2020 Honda Ridgeline exchanges its 6-speed automatic transmission for a 9-speed unit and introduces paddle shifters and idle stop. A pushbutton shifter replaces a traditional shift lever and a traditional battery has been replaced by an AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) model. The tailgate can be locked and the number of trim levels have been reduced. Honda’s 8″ Display Audio system is now standard on all trims. The rear doors open wider and Honda Sensing becomes standard across the board. Prices increase by as little as $100 to as much as $2,050 depending on model.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Thanks @zroger73, that answers all my questions. Shame about the headlights and that won't bode well for the IIHS ratings. Like I said a a few months back the only sure thing was to get the 19E at discount. For the 20 Sport and 20 RTL, that's still a lot of extra stuff, carplay radio, the 9 speed (paddle shifters) and sensing for 450 bucks. I still think a 19E discounted is the best equipped truck for long term ownership and needs no modifications.

For the 2020 headlights on the lower trims there is a guy on the Accord forum and he tests all the bulbs. He says that a halogen is equivalent to a LED bulb and a HID is a better solution for aftermarket.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks @zroger73, that answers all my questions. Shame about the headlights and that won't bode well for the IIHS ratings. Like I said a a few months back the only sure thing was to get the 19E at discount. For the 20 Sport and 20 RTL, that's still a lot of extra stuff, carplay radio, the 9 speed (paddle shifters) and sensing for 450 bucks. I still think a 19E discounted is the best equipped truck for long term ownership and needs no modifications.

For the 2020 headlights on the lower trims there is a guy on the Accord forum and he tests all the bulbs. He says that a halogen is equivalent to a LED bulb and a HID is a better solution for aftermarket.
If it's only 450 that isn't bad.

Especially now that you get a power tailgate lock! Finally! And lanewatch on the some trims and Blindspot Monitoring on other trims. Guessing RTL is LaneWatch. I can deal with LaneWatch!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

Especially now that you get a power tailgate lock! Finally! And lanewatch on the some trims and Blindspot Monitoring on other trims. Guessing RTL is LaneWatch. I can deal with LaneWatch!
I based this off of post 2388 and extrapolated. I took his 2020 price added the 750 and subtracted the 2019 price and came up with the 450. If the info in post 2388 in incorrect then all my calculations are wrong. Now I see the lanewatch stuff and locking tailgate so there is some differentiation. I love Lanewatch, so many times it bails me out.(bright sun, fogged passenger window and helps be aware of surroundings) but Hyundai has it on both sides in the Sonata and other models.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Moderator's note: Since the topic of this thread is "2020 release date" (which can still be discussed since it hasn't been officially announced yet), I have created a thread titled "2020 changes" where we can continue such discussion.

My take on the delay in announcement:
1. Excess inventory
2. The gremlins with the infotainment system. My guess is that they wanted to implement the new infotainment system and they tried ironing out the kinks, but ultimately they couldn't do it in time.
I'm taking bets on an early 2021 release.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If all models had had nanny controls we would have never even considered a Ridgeline at all, Thank goodness we purchased a 2019!
Bill
Same. So glad I made the move to purchase a 2019 with no Honda sensing, lane watch, nothing, no ADAS! I can control the infotainment forever!

I didn’t like the 9spd either and thought the paddle shifters were pointless.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Canadian? Or USA specs ?
The only things I'm seeing different in the manual for the Canadian version are that it has a heated windshield, light switch works differently, and the stop-start button works a little differently.

**Ventilated seats does not say Canadian only. Also rear heated seats does not say Canadian only. Some of you have may have gotten your wish there!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Now, I am new to the Ridgeline world, so I'm not 100% sure of the features of 2019 models. However, after reading the posts in this and the 2020 release date threads, it seems to me that these are new features for 2020 mentioned in the Owners Manual:

• Auto High Beam
  • Power Folding Door Mirrors
  • Push Button Gear Shifter
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Heated Rear Seats
Apologies if any of these are existing features.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am sure not happy about the Auto Idle Stop feature that apparently can't be shut off. My son's BMW had it a few years ago, and I absolutely hated it. So annoying, especially in stop & go traffic. BMW allowed it to be turned off, so it was acceptable.

·
Registered
184 Posts

I've been reading through the owners manual and it appears that the trunk is also power lock/unlock. Am I reading that right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been reading through the owners manual and it appears that the trunk is also power lock/unlock. Am I reading that right?
Yup!

"When you lock the driver’s door with a key, all the other doors and trunk lock at the same time. When unlocking, the driver’s door unlocks first. Turn the key a second time within a few seconds to unlock the remaining doors and the trunk."

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am sure not happy about the Auto Idle Stop feature that apparently can't be shut off. My son's BMW had it a few years ago, and I absolutely hated it. So annoying, especially in stop & go traffic. BMW allowed it to be turned off, so it was acceptable.
Page 187 shows how to turn it off.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
If all models had had nanny controls we would have never even considered a Ridgeline at all, Thank goodness we purchased a 2019!
Bill
I didn't think that I would like them either. However, some of them have been really helpful. The good news is that you can turn them off when you don't want/need them.
  • I don't think that I'd ever want a vehicle without the backup camera.
  • The blind spot alarm stuff has saved me a couple of times.
  • The "collision alert" has also saved me when I glanced away from the road for a second and had someone unexpectedly stop in front of me.
  • I rarely use the lane-keeping assist. However, It helped on the freeways during my recent cross-country trip.
As we say, YMMV!

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some models had Blind Spot Monitoring and others have LaneWatch View attachment 398063
For 2017-2019, the RTL-T had LaneWatch, but not BSM. The RTL-E/BE had BSM, but not LaneWatch. Since there is no RTL-T for 2020, perhaps LaneWatch is being moved to the RTL or RTL and Sport trims.

In Canada, the Sport and EX-L have LaneWatch, so there's also the possibility that LaneWatch in the US is no longer available since the only trim that had it is gone. Some 2020 Canadian trims may retain the feature.

The only things I'm seeing different in the manual for the Canadian version are that it has a heated windshield, light switch works differently, and the stop-start button works a little differently.

**Ventilated seats does not say Canadian only. Also rear heated seats does not say Canadian only. Some of you have may have gotten your wish there!
The heated windshield wiper area has always been a Canadian-only feature for the 2017-2019 Ridgeline.

It's true that the 2020 manual doesn't say "Canadian only" when referring to ventilated seats, but neither did the 2017-2019 manual.

Now, I am new to the Ridgeline world, so I'm not 100% sure of the features of 2019 models. However, after reading the posts in this and the 2020 release date threads, it seems to me that these are new features for 2020 mentioned in the Owners Manual:

• Auto High Beam
  • Power Folding Door Mirrors
  • Push Button Gear Shifter
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Heated Rear Seats
Apologies if any of these are existing features.
For 2017-2019 only the RTL-E and BE had auto high beams. This appears to remain true.

Power folding mirrors were a Canadian-only feature for 2017-2019 along with ventilated front seats and heated rear seats as well.

1 - 20 of 856 Posts