Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 884 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
What are the chances that a different grill actually has been implemented, given that no one has actually seen a 2020 G2 and that it would likely require no changes to the PDI?
The pictures in the 2020 owners' manual make the front (and wheels) look the same, so I would guess there are no changes.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
The pictures in the 2020 owners' manual make the front (and wheels) look the same, so I would guess there are no changes.
Fair point. However, given that the 2017 Owner's Manual debuted with a number of errors, i still think I'd like to see an actual 2020 for verification.

Note: in my defense, I've been binge-watching NCIS...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Honda would probably sell more ridgelines in 2020 if they got real with the overall appearance. Not saying the truck is ugly but lets face it, even though it's ten times better looking than the G1 it's still somewhat drab. And many buyers out there will go for looks over reliability. Look how many GM trucks are running around out there. Iv'e been down the it's beautiful so I'm buying it road and Iv'e hated myself for it. After all beauty is only skin deep.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn’t like the 9spd either and thought the paddle shifters were pointless.
I would trade any single feature on my E for paddle shifters. Not having them is easily my least favorite aspect of this truck.

I descend 3000 vertical feet of elevation daily and being able to descend without using brakes is a miracle. The Low function does not fit my needs at all.

·
Administrator
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Honda would probably sell more ridgelines in 2020 if they got real with the overall appearance. Not saying the truck is ugly but lets face it, even though it's ten times better looking than the G1 it's still somewhat drab. And many buyers out there will go for looks over reliability. Look how many GM trucks are running around out there. Iv'e been down the it's beautiful so I'm buying it road and Iv'e hated myself for it. After all beauty is only skin deep.
Honda would probably sell more Ridgelines just as they exist today if they had the capacity to build more and actively marketed them.

That hideous joke that is the Tesla Cybertruck received over 200,000 pre-orders in less than three days - that's more than the number of Ridgelines sold in the last decade! Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder and even ugly trucks sell - remember the Tundra stepside? ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve been negotiating for 2019 E, we can’t get together, yet. However the salespeople told me they were receiving a couple of 2020-E models on the 20th. I asked for more info and they went “dark”.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
A 200 mile radius search on Car Gurus of 2019 Ridgelines has resulted in 29 available, all are either Sport or RTL AWD models with no Red, Green or Blue. Our only desire for the 2020s is that the Obsidian Blue color be dropped!

Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve been negotiating for 2019 E, we can’t get together, yet. However the salespeople told me they were receiving a couple of 2020-E models on the 20th. I asked for more info and they went “dark”.
Having worked for 2 Honda dealerships for years, I can confirm that they "went dark" because they have no clue! :ROFLMAO: They likely said "screw that, i'll call him back when the 2020 gets here.".....hahaha

The dealer is the last one to get info. Consumers get the info from sites like these well beforehand.
They are way more concerned with selling whats on the lot TODAY. So when someone asks about something that hasn't landed on the lot, they back-burner that consumer, and track more current leads.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Honda would probably sell more Ridgelines just as they exist today if they had the capacity to build more and actively marketed them.

That hideous joke that is the Tesla Cybertruck received over 200,000 pre-orders in less than three days - that's more than the number of Ridgelines sold in the last decade! Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder and even ugly trucks sell - remember the Tundra stepside? ;)

View attachment 398077
There is a lot of truth about lack of marketing on Honda's behalf for the ridgeline. But I'm sure they could build as needed, after all they're built along side the pilot in Alabama and look how many pilots or on the roads.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
I've never before see a Tundra stepside. Ugly duckling for sure.o_O So there's a perfect example of buying for quality not looks. Yes I'm a Toyota fan also. I drove the Tundra and Tacoma both before driving the Ridgeline.
If when it came out my budget would have allowed, and it would have fit in my Garage, I'd most likely still be driving it rather than a Ridgeline, I love that @$$...

·
Registered
37 Posts
From looking at the 2020 owners manual - I have discovered the following (probably on Black Edition / Upper trims)
Side turn signal on door mirrors (and power folding)
Seat Ventilation (with heater)
Power Tailgate lock (in addition to trunk lid locking)
Just like Canadian models - eh

·
Administrator
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
But I'm sure they could build as needed, after all they're built along side the pilot in Alabama and look how many pilots or on the roads.
According to Honda's 2019 Digital FactBook, Honda Manufacturing of Alabama was already running over capacity in 2018. HMA has a stated annual capacity of 340,000 vehicles. In 2018, they manufactured a total of 356,506 Pilots, Odysseys, and Ridgelines - and that's before they took on the Passport. In order to make more Ridgelines, they'd need to cut back on more popular models.

I've never before see a Tundra stepside. Ugly duckling for sure.o_O So there's a perfect example of buying for quality not looks. Yes I'm a Toyota fan also. I drove the Tundra and Tacoma both before driving the Ridgeline.
The stepside was available from 2003-2006. It is estimated that somewhere around 15,000 of the 464,000 Tundras sold in the US during those years were stepsides. It wasn't very popular. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
If when it came out my budget would have allowed, and it would have fit in my Garage, I'd most likely still be driving it rather than a Ridgeline, I love that @$$...
I loved the 2019 Tundra but it would have been overkill for me. Too big - Too expensive - Dismal fuel economy. Maybe when I become rich.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I still really do not understand the reasoning for folks wanting more Ridgelines out there, we much more enjoy being some what "unique" rather than just being part of the crowd?

Bill
Not sure about everyone else but I would like to see more only so they don't discontinue the Ridgeline :) It is nice being a unique truck but if it's the lowest selling platform it could easily make the chopping block. I don't think anyone wants to see F-150 or taco numbers, could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Not sure about everyone else but I would like to see more only so they don't discontinue the Ridgeline :) It is nice being a unique truck but if it's the lowest selling platform it could easily make the chopping block.
LOL, showing our selfish side here since we already have our Ridgeline, this would be bad why? :devilish:

Bill

·
Administrator
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
From looking at the 2020 owners manual - I have discovered the following (probably on Black Edition / Upper trims)
Side turn signal on door mirrors (and power folding)
Seat Ventilation (with heater)
Power Tailgate lock (in addition to trunk lid locking)
Just like Canadian models - eh
Keep in mind the same manual applies to both US and Canadian models which are equipped differently. Some features will specify "Canadian models", but others are simply noted "not available on all models".

Turn signal mirrors and ventilated seats were available on 2017-2019 Ridglines in Canada, but not the US.

The tailgate locking feature appears to be standard on all 2020 Ridgelines.

41 - 60 of 884 Posts