Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter Metallic
7 Posts
Just for fun, I tried to get my 2020 RTL-E to pass the 30 MPG mark this afternoon. Day trip from KY to Cape Girardeau, MO. Cheapest gas I could find. Full gas tank. No Interstate. Mostly 50-60 mph, rolling hill, small Illinois speed trap towns. The AC was on auto. Cruise was used most of the time (except in the speed trap towns). No need to school me about digital MPG being inaccurate. This was just for FUN.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just for fun, I tried to get my 2020 RTL-E to pass the 30 MPG mark this afternoon. Day trip from KY to Cape Girardeau, MO. Cheapest gas I could find. Full gas tank. No Interstate. Mostly 50-60 mph, rolling hill, small Illinois speed trap towns. The AC was on auto. Cruise was used most of the time (except in the speed trap towns). No need to school me about digital MPG being inaccurate. This was just for FUN.....
hmmm....that ended quite abruptly. Results ??

·
Registered
137 Posts
I drove my 2013 RTL from Alto NM to Alamagordo NM yesterday. When I arrived at my destination it registered 27.5 mpg ! This is high altitude territory for the most part. Mostly downhill for about 70% of it, but Ive not seen that number before on a drive that length. Was using 88 Octane Shell gas.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Overall, after almost 13k miles in my 2020, I get slightly better city mileage and slightly worse highway vs my 2017 (which is consistent with the Honda EPA certification for the 9 vs 6 speed aka 19/24 vs 18/25).

I just did a 800 mile round trip that was 90% highway (drove 74 mph most of it) and got 24.1 mpg hand calc. Bad headwind on way back or probably would have been 24.5-ish.

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
View attachment 406654

For some reason, the moderator didn't like the dashboard picture of 30 mpg....
The moderator removes photos that appear to be taken by the driver while he or she was in motion. Please don't take photos while driving. There are enough distracted drivers already. The next time you want to take a photo of your dash, please wait until you can safely pull off to the side of the road or in a parking lot.

Sincerely,

The moderator

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm curious how other 2020 Ridgeline owners are faring with gas mileage. This was on a daytrip from Cape Girardeau, MO to Paducah, KY. I was quite pleased since I had to go through about 10 small "speed trap" towns. .
. View attachment 399734
Gotmy 2020 RTL yesterday. so far the trip odometerisshowing like 19.5 to 20 MPG. Don;t knowif I cantrrust that- cause my 208 4 cyl escape mad 24 average highway and this is suppposed tob=de almost as well1 so Imlike- "Where's the good gas milage?" (I have yet to ues econmy mode-maynethat will bump the MPG up abit ?) also- what IS that sliding scale 0 to 15 to 50 MPG thng supposed to measure? Mine goes from 15 to 50 andback andit makes no sense to me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
That sliding thing is supposedly INSTANTANEOUS gas mileage...totally useless.
That's what I thought it might be- and i agree with your assessment! I wonder if there's a way to turn it off so you don't see it on the screen? I think there's too much information now, and that its distracting trying to look down at the dashboard and take it al in.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Luna Silver
91 Posts
I have 198 Milees on my 2020 RTL-E and still show 21MPG if that keeps up I won't see 30 mpg. This is the cars calculated mpg hate to see what the math says.
My wife has been as quick as ever to point out that she always gets 3 to 4 mpg better than me in any vehicle we have

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
"Based on data from 56 vehicles, 1,073 fuel-ups and 300,293 miles of driving, the 2020 Honda Ridgeline gets a combined Avg MPG of 20.56 with a 0.27 MPG margin of error."

There's now enough real-world data to conclude that there's no significant difference in fuel economy between the 6-speed Ridgeline without idle stop and 9-speed Ridgeline with idle stop.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Luna Silver
91 Posts
"Based on data from 56 vehicles, 1,073 fuel-ups and 300,293 miles of driving, the 2020 Honda Ridgeline gets a combined Avg MPG of 20.56 with a 0.27 MPG margin of error."

There's now enough real-world data to conclude that there's no significant difference in fuel economy between the 6-speed Ridgeline without idle stop and 9-speed Ridgeline with idle stop.
My firstfiil up today had 333.6 miles on the trip meter added roughly 16.288 gal. and I came up with 20.48 mpg so exactly as stated above I always fill up until the pump auto shuts off but don't go to the same station same pump things Ive seen others talk about but this method gives a pretty good idea of where your at. I may try a few different driving methods after this first fill up drove in sport mode eco off cruise set at 56 all hwy when I parked it was showing 23 mpg. This was less than. a 20 mi. drive and I'm sure it will end up the same or a bit lower if in sport mode the whole time.
I drove some with eco in D and cruise on and it seemed the mph was up and down so much it would hurt the fuel economy but it probably doesn't since keeps the RPM down.

·
Registered
195 Posts
260 miles of mixed driving. Some highway, some stop and go. Some back roads. Computer said 24.5, hand calculated 23.8. All highway, usually get 26-28. One trip I got 30+ on the computer. 2020 RTL- E seems the computer is fairly accurate, - 1 mpg..

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Luna Silver
91 Posts
that's about what it shows on mine so far. Are you in eco all the time with those figures I have not left it in eco for a full tank yet in fact I was in sport mode a good bit of this tank.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cutting to the chase, over the course of two years, with just over 5K (5007) total miles on my 2019 RLT, I've averaged slightly over 26 (hand-calculated) mpg. Most of that mileage was highway mileage, and I'm one of those rare persons who actually obeys the speed limit most of the time. I'm perfectly satisfied with my mileage (and the truck, too, for that matter)(great seats!). I will note, however, that unlike virtually all of the other Hondas I've owned -- and I've owned over a dozen of all sorts: Civics, Accords, CR-Vs -- I can't help noticing that my Ridgeline's onboard fuel estimator is (I'll be kind) "eternally optimistic" in its mileage computations. Others have mentioned this (ahem) "quirk," so I won't belabor the point. Cheers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm curious how other 2020 Ridgeline owners are faring with gas mileage. This was on a daytrip from Cape Girardeau, MO to Paducah, KY. I was quite pleased since I had to go through about 10 small "speed trap" towns. .
. View attachment 399734
Just a reminder: I think we need to get on the highway and get up to speed where we’re not going to be breaking a lot and hit reset on the trip odometer before recording avg mph. If you’re looking for the highway mph average of course.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts