Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sounds you need an RTL-E with aftermarket armrests. :)

I hated the seat-mounted armrests when I first law them. Two 2G Ridgelines later, I actually like them.
I'm ok with the feel of the armrest, but almost every time I reach to buckle or unbuckle the seatbelt my hand moves the armrest, and then I have to do the little adjustment process - ugh.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The armrests make longer drives much, much easier. Console-mounted armrests on my previous vehicles were never at quite the right height, so they didn't provide much help.

In response to the OP, that color is nice. Congratulations.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for everyones comments. I have been busy with accessories. I will post some more pics in the coming weeks but I have to wait for this weather to clear. Its really dirty right now,too much rain.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I really like that color too, but I just don't think the truck will look like your photo in most settings. Watching Honda Pro Jason's video review of the new 2020 RL, I am convinced that it's a Pacific Pewter truck. In the typical outdoor setting, that color looks darker and grayer than under showroom flourescent (?) lighting. Personally, I would prefer a much lighter gold or platinum bronze color, but it's hopeless to expect any special colors for the RL beyond what is used at HMA for the other models (Pilot, Odyssey, Passport).

·
Registered
561 Posts
I suspect that DAMOFO is Mama Honda is disguise, enticing us with her sleek colours and options...........mmmm

·
Registered
974 Posts
I like the Pacific Pewter color and glad it comes with a black interior as that is the only interior color I consider. I've been looking at some of the 2020s in my area (there are quite a few on the lots in Western NY) but haven't seen the PP paint in person. It looks like it has a brown tone which I like. Similar to the 2009 G1 color combo (Mocha exterior with Black interior).

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Pacific Pewter has been an Odyssey color option for several years. That's how I've been able to preview it and imagine it on a RL. Then Jason gave us a good look at it in his video as well.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
578 Posts
I suspect that DAMOFO is Mama Honda is disguise, enticing us with her sleek colours and options...........mmmm
DAMOFO??? I have trouble with some of the abbreviations used, but this one I haven’t figured out.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm on the lines of DAMOFO meant something completely different..............
Haha...yea, its an old nickname of mine. It is exactly what you are thinking. Old friend of mine used to call me that on the basketball court and it stuck all these years. I probably should change it to DA SLO FO,lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've always been a fan of the White Diamond....but................ this might just be the next popular color for the ridgeline. Very unique, it's almost copper. The gray wheels and black trim blend in nicely with this color in person. This dealer has a cool 360.....except they could at least dry off their inventory.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,798 Posts
@DAMOFO

A favor to ask of you .... would you please check to see what NAV map update is installed in your new 2020 RTL-E and post that info in this thread for the information of others ? You'll find that info via your touchscreen:

MAP > press BACK button > Settings > Map & Vehicle > My Maps

Thanks In Advance!

BTW, don't miss the six-month window after purchase to log onto the Honda Owner website and order the FREE full Owner's and Navigation Manuals for your RL (they are much more comprehensive than those found in your delivery package) (y)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
@DAMOFO

A favor to ask of you .... would you please check to see what NAV map update is installed in your new 2020 RTL-E and post that info in this thread for the information of others ? You'll find that info via your touchscreen:

Thanks In Advance!

BTW, don't miss the six-month window after purchase to log onto the Honda Owner website and order the FREE full Owner's and Navigation Manuals for your RL (they are much more comprehensive than those found in your delivery package) (y)
[/QUOTTh
@DAMOFO

Thanks In Advance!

The day after I bought the truck, I updated the Garmin system so I am not sure of the original update. It DID need an update though so if you have a 2020 I would just go through the process. I can check the Nav map update when I get home tomorrow (I am working nights at the moment and drove my S2k) The download didnt take long. Maybe 8-10min. And I also did go to Honda Owner website to get the free manual but they dont even have 2020 Ridgeline available yet as an option to choose from. I wrote Honda Corp and they sent me a reply and said they would look into. Still nothing as of yet.

·
Administrator
15,170 Posts
And I also did go to Honda Owner website to get the free manual but they dont even have 2020 Ridgeline available yet as an option to choose from. I wrote Honda Corp and they sent me a reply and said they would look into. Still nothing as of yet.
PDF copies of both the Owner's Manual and Navigation Manual for the 2020 Ridgeline have been live on Honda's website since December. You can order printed copies of both by clicking the Order now link at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You get those by clicking the "Order now" link in my previous post.
I realize that. Thats what I did. The drop down menu only has options for 2019 and older. It did not as of a few days ago even have a 2020 option for the ridgeline

21 - 40 of 46 Posts