Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep on getting emails from Carfax saying the trade in value of my 2017 RTS is 23.1k. Is this for real? Just for the hell of it, I virtually inquired at a local dealer for a 2020 Passport EX-L and was quoted 35.5 minum 23.7 for the trade. With the 1k loyalty rebate and all the taxes and registration nonsense, I'd be writing a check for 12k. Not bad considering I've owned the RTS for 4 years come the end of the month. Weren't 2019 RL sports going for 26k last year? What gives? If it's a Passport Sport, I'd be writing a check for 8k. Before I go down to the dealer and try to negotiate more (my RTS has the Honda Tonneau, Honda rear seat covers, Honda low Profile hood deflector and Honda side moldings. I tried this with a Highalander LE and it's slightly more expensive plus I have snows and Honda wheels with sensors from my RL that I could use on the Passport.. Not sure if the sensors would work though. Is this stuff legit or when I go down will it be a different story. I usually have difficulty with trades. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,577 Posts
I don't know the Passport trim lines. Is this an AWD vehicle like your Ridgeline? Similar level of trim and features? V6 with VCM2?

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
The used car market is hot right now. Dealers can't get enough of them, so it may be a great time to unload and upgrade, if that's what you're thinking....

You could probably trade even up for a loaded Chevy Bolt: 😁

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Put the Passport through the paces today on a trip to see my daughter in the hills of Ithaca, NY. Took the bride and the Chocolate Lab and checked out the past peak fall scenery. Passport very well rounded vehicle. The difference in ground clearance doesn't seem like a lot on paper to the RL but it certainly feels like it. I had a small diff leak and had to go under there constantly, it was noticeably easier than doing so on the RL. Ironically, I don't think the PP needs the extra clearance but the RL does just like it needed and is getting the new nose.

The 9 speed does have its moments on indecisiveness but for the most part it's decent The 9 speed uses the upper revs of the engine much more that the 6 speed could dream of. I don't know why the 6 speed didn't have paddle shifters or at least a Sport mode. Still having trouble finding the D/S button as second nature. There seems to be big difference between 4th an 5th gear on the tach. 9 speed great on uphills and controlling with the paddles makes it feel strong. Downshifting with the paddles is a bit of a disappointment doesn't do much to bleed off speed unless grade logic takes over. I still have to try it with Sport mode in a downshifting scenario. Pulling off on the steep hills of Cornell the truck seemed strained, pulling off in sport solves this. It just like the RL has the shake when stopping at a light if you look for it. Left to right it stands up on corners. Front to rear it's about half as wallowy as the RL. The ride is firmer for sure but I like that. So at this point, it's a comfortable cruiser, holds a ton of stuff, has great headlights, Car play and the bigger screen is a nice bonus coming from an RTS. Love the little cubbie, never used the RL trunk because it was tough to get to, this little cubbie great. I'm sure it will be a beast in the snow. If this holds up, will be very pleased. IMO, I think they could make the RL ride a little stiffer without much sacrifice. Turns out I didn't need a Ridgeline, I just may need something very basic with a bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts