Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you like them on the Pilot, you'll probably like them on the Ridgeline. Yesterday, I thought I was seeing a Ridgeline commercial and it turned out to be a Pilot commercial.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how did they 'come off a 2020 Pilot' ?

Just trying to imagine scenario in my head that doesnt involve the Pilot owner wanting some different yet same-sized wheels.

Better question -- how did you find them? I cant ever find anyone wanting to trade OEM or get rid of OEM wheels near here.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
168 Posts
I'm not a wheel guy but those look fine. OE Ridgeline wheels look fine. Show me some other wheels and I'll probably see they look fine. I usually don't care for black wheels though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you like them on the Pilot, you'll probably like them on the Ridgeline. Yesterday, I thought I was seeing a Ridgeline commercial and it turned out to be a Pilot commercial.
Good point. I played around with the "build" function on the Honda website. I'm still on the fence.
I personally don't care for them. That's the nicest thing I can say about them.
Fair enough... thanks!

Just trying to imagine scenario in my head that doesnt involve the Pilot owner wanting some different yet same-sized wheels.

Better question -- how did you find them? I cant ever find anyone wanting to trade OEM or get rid of OEM wheels near here.
There's a local business that deals in new "take-offs". They work with dealers in addition to individuals. They sell wheels, tires and/or combo options. They sell nationally through eBay.
I'm not a wheel guy but those look fine. OE Ridgeline wheels look fine. Show me some other wheels and I'll probably see they look fine. I usually don't care for black wheels though.
Yeah, I get it. They are not hugely better looking than the standard OEM wheels. But at least they are factory and my truck will look a little different. Plus, I think I get them for $400 and no shipping cost.
Great picture choice! Thanks!!
They are 18" correct?
Yes, they are.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good point. I played around with the "build" function on the Honda website. I'm still on the fence.

Fair enough... thanks!

There's a local business that deals in new "take-offs". They work with dealers in addition to individuals. They sell wheels, tires and/or combo options. They sell nationally through eBay.

Yeah, I get it. They are not hugely better looking than the standard OEM wheels. But at least they are factory and my truck will look a little different. Plus, I think I get them for $400 and no shipping cost.

Great picture choice! Thanks!!

Yes, they are.
Can you link me to the seller's eBay page, if you don't mind?

Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I’d say, the Ridgeline is yours, modify it as you see fit. Make it yours, maybe a one off with different wheels, etc. Not everyone will think it looks great, as long as you like it, go for it! I think the wheels look nice!

·
Registered
168 Posts
On the positive side they are not stock on the Ridgeline, so they will make your truck unique. Also, they are pretty comparable to the Ridgeline wheels in terms of value, so you could probably sell your stock wheels and almost break even.
I'd say they look a little fancier than stock.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Since you asked what we thought, I personally don't think they fit the Ridgeline's appearance/ stance, and I don't like them

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you link me to the seller's eBay page, if you don't mind?

Thanks!
Sent via PM.
I’d say, the Ridgeline is yours, modify it as you see fit. Make it yours, maybe a one off with different wheels, etc. Not everyone will think it looks great, as long as you like it, go for it! I think the wheels look nice!
Thanks for the input!
On the positive side they are not stock on the Ridgeline, so they will make your truck unique. Also, they are pretty comparable to the Ridgeline wheels in terms of value, so you could probably sell your stock wheels and almost break even.
I'd say they look a little fancier than stock.
My thoughts as well.
Since you asked what we thought, I personally don't think they fit the Ridgeline's appearance/ stance, and I don't like them
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
505 Posts
I think they look a lot better than the stock wheels on the RTL-E. There are other Honda/Acura wheels that I like better though.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts

There are many scenarios where folks, when buying a vehicle, opt for accessory wheels and the ones that come on the said vehicle, gets taken off and shelved as they are not new. I believe either a member here or over at OdyClub, bought a set of 2010 wheels for almost $500 for all 4 straight from the dealership. It was ridiculous.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was noticing when looking at the Honda website at the Pilot wheels, wheel upgrades were listed at 1700 to 2500 bucks. Make sense that people would save that money and drive away with the stock wheels, then sell them, and have a lot of options to choose from with that much money.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Call me OCD but I've never been a fan of "directional" wheels, which seem to be relatively common on many OEM vehicles these days. Those wheels "face" forward on one side of the vehicle and backward on the other side. I know you can't see both sides of the vehicle at once, but I prefer symetrical pattern wheels. IMO, the pictured wheels also look garish. But to each their own...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Call me OCD but I've never been a fan of "directional" wheels, which seem to be relatively common on many OEM vehicles these days. Those wheels "face" forward on one side of the vehicle and backward on the other side. I know you can't see both sides of the vehicle at once, but I prefer symetrical pattern wheels. IMO, the pictured wheels also look garish. But to each their own...
I agree for the above reasons. They are fugly. . .IMHO.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Personal preference.

Mine would be:
1. I don’t like rims that stick out past the side walls.
2. I don’t like wheels that have anything sticking out past the rims.
3. That’s just me, & I am weird about lots of things.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Call me OCD but I've never been a fan of "directional" wheels, which seem to be relatively common on many OEM vehicles these days. Those wheels "face" forward on one side of the vehicle and backward on the other side. I know you can't see both sides of the vehicle at once, but I prefer symetrical pattern wheels.
I'm in the same boat, I could never put those on my truck for that reason alone

1 - 20 of 26 Posts