Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1620 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if Honda will release the 2020’s in March, like the did with the 19’s, or if it will be next fall. Anyone hear anything yet?

·
Registered
151 Posts
apparently not ha ha

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
If its like any other year its been March to May I think. I dont expect much of a change but who knows. If something big were to come out you would think their would be spy photos by now.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
It will likely be mild, pretty much what you see on the new Pilot. Improved infotainment, safety sense suite across the board, possibly folding mirrors on the E/BE. Unknowns are things like rear door opening and tailgate lock.

The big changes are still three years out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's going to get jewel-eye headlights, a new grille similar to the 2019 Pilot, and one additional color option (Champagne Frost Pearl).

·
Registered
350 Posts
It will likely be mild, pretty much what you see on the new Pilot. Improved infotainment, safety sense suite across the board, possibly folding mirrors on the E/BE. Unknowns are things like rear door opening and tailgate lock.

The big changes are still three years out.
3 years ? Based on? Mid model (3/4 year timeframe) refreshes are the Honda standard now, ie. Pilot model new in ‘16, mid model refresh in ‘19. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Pilot

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
3 years ? Based on? Mid model (3/4 year timeframe) refreshes are the Honda standard now, ie. Pilot model new in ‘16, mid model refresh in ‘19. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Pilot
Yes, there won't be big changes until the Gen3 Ridgeline, which is likely 3-4 years out.

We won't see big changes with the mid-model refresh...you'll see basically what the Pilot got for its mid-model refresh.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, there won't be big changes until the Gen3 Ridgeline, which is likely 3-4 years out.

We won't see big changes with the mid-model refresh...you'll see basically what the Pilot got for its mid-model refresh.

Depending on exactly what those changes and upgrades are, some of us would consider them “big”-even in a mid model refresh.

Locking tailgate?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Depending on exactly what those changes and upgrades are, some of us would consider them “big”-even in a mid model refresh.

Locking tailgate?
Maybe we will find out next week about the locking tailgate. It is possible Honda may offer it on higher trims, or only as a dealer-installed accessory, or some combination thereof.

For example, it appears the Ford Ranger will have a locking tailgate on the upper trims, but offer it as a dealer-installed third-party (McGard) option on lower trims.

I don't consider the tailgate lock a big change, as most of us can do that ourselves with one of the aftermarket kits. I might prefer a fully manual lock over any kind of power combination, as i wouldn't use it all too often.

Infotainment, while a big change for some of us, is a minor change on Honda's part, and something they can do anytime.

Don't get me wrong....i too am waiting and holding off purchase until the 2020 model appears. What i meant by "big" changes were things like structural changes (better rear doors?) or sheet metal changes (different front clip?) or powertrain (2.0T + 10AT?).

One big change i could see before G3 arrives would be a hybrid powertrain, but it will need to have some towing ability (even a modest 3500lbs) or it will be considered a "fail" by the industry and much of the public. i suspect that towing capability may be holding Honda back somewhat on the hybrid. Perhaps all they would need to do is disable the hybrid portion when towing, and they can have 3500lbs with the FWD ICE portion, as is standard with the current FWD Ridgeline.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i waited for over 6 years for a change from a G1 nothing happened, and after 12 years this is what you get like it or move on.
Ditto - so when I was ready for a G2 I just bought it.
If there are significant upgrades in the refresh, I got a good enough deal on my 19 I can trade it in
but from past experience, I won't be missing much

If you want the truck and can get a good deal, just buy it

1 - 20 of 1620 Posts