Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2221 - 2240 of 2592 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I got tired of waiting and reading this 2020 stuff. I went out and bought 2 (two) 2019 new RL's last week. 1 is an RTL-E (for the wife) and an RTL for me. We have about 500 miles on one and 250 miles on the second. one we love them. Price was right, financing was right, and I prefer 6 speed over 9 speed. I tow very little to none.
Now I can stop watching this 2020 stuff because it just doesn't matter to me anymore. Now for accessories.
I already put in floor mats, splash guards and rear seat storage and did all 4 rear doors with the door hack (which was an easy install) and have 1 tonneau cover on order.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well I got tired of waiting and reading this 2020 stuff. I went out and bought 2 (two) 2019 new RL's last week. 1 is an RTL-E (for the wife) and an RTL for me. We have about 500 miles on one and 250 miles on the second. one we love them. Price was right, financing was right, and I prefer 6 speed over 9 speed. I tow very little to none.
Now I can stop watching this 2020 stuff because it just doesn't matter to me anymore. Now for accessories.
I already put in floor mats, splash guards and rear seat storage and did all 4 rear doors with the door hack (which was an easy install) and have 1 tonneau cover on order.
2 Ridgelines? Just curious.. why not get 1 Ridgeline and a Passport? I was considering both for a while, and decided on the Ridgeline. Having both would be nice.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
HyperPete said:
I thought that the 9 speed had already been implemented in the Pilot.
We have it on our Honda Passports and if you care to read passportforums you will find many horror stories of sudden shift to neutral in the middle of highway, total loss of transmission, error messages and more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
FWIW decode of VIN 5FPYK3F85LB000164 View attachment 397796
Dealer claims its a 9AT, the sticker shows 6AT, sounds like a scam. Plus Honda's website does not show brochures or owners manuals for the 2020 I called my local Honda Dealer about 2 months ago, asked for info on 2020 ridgeline, sales lady said they expected delivery in 2-3 weeks (which would be mid October). I said are you sure?,. She said she saw the production report. I knew she was lying. I won't expect to see 2020 ridgeline until Early Jan 2020. I hope I can figure out which lady at the Dealer lied to me. I want her to confess to being a liar (Fake news)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealer claims its a 9AT, the sticker shows 6AT, sounds like a scam. Plus Honda's website does not show brochures or owners manuals for the 2020 I called my local Honda Dealer about 2 months ago, asked for info on 2020 ridgeline, sales lady said they expected delivery in 2-3 weeks (which would be mid October). I said are you sure?,. She said she saw the production report. I knew she was lying. I won't expect to see 2020 ridgeline until Early Jan 2020. I hope I can figure out which lady at the Dealer lied to me. I want her to confess to being a liar (Fake news)
It's not really a sticker, just a computer generated description based on the VIN. Could easily be in error this early in the model year.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Old joke: how can you tell when a dealer is lying to you?

Answer: Their mouth moves.
You can substitute "lawyer" and "cable TV salesperson" among others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since Honda hasn't released any official info on the 2020 RL build, what's the odds that they offer the 6sp tranny on the lower trims like they did on the Pilot?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Since Honda hasn't released any official info on the 2020 RL build, what's the odds that they offer the 6sp tranny on the lower trims like they did on the Pilot?
The dealer order page listed the zf9 on all trims, so I would say a near 0 chance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's not really a sticker, just a computer generated description based on the VIN. Could easily be in error this early in the model year.
I ran a few of the VINs available on dealer websites through a decoder and a couple showed as 6sp and a couple gave me an error message. Either the VIN decoders are not updated or Honda changed the definitions or both.

·
Registered
639 Posts
So, with what I am reading so far, the only things "wrong" with the 9-speed is personal perception about how it shifts and the additional work involved in changing the fluid. Otherwise, when it comes down to actual mechanical dependability, it sounds like the 9-speed betters the 6-speed, especially with the 6-speeds being prone to overheating leading to it's failure, correct?
I am just bringing this forward to ask again since the original post received no response?

Bill

2221 - 2240 of 2592 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.