Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2581 - 2592 of 2592 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ridgeline owner here (2008, 2013). Besides the obvious volume knob, I really would like to see the ridgeline with a ride height (and frame height) higher than the the Gen 2. Every time I see a Gen 2 on the hwy, I feel a bit embarrassed. The cookie cutter tires, the low ride height? Seriously, it looks like an old two-wheel drive ford ranger (actually, worse). The Gen 2 wheel wells need to be filled out with tires/wheels. The frame height needs to at least match the Gen 1. I mean, I'm not a big truck guy (living in the suburbs) - but so far, the Gen 2 ridgeline (even though is a nice ride), looks like a vagina on wheels. Again, I'm a Honda fan, love my Gen 1 - but holy hell, a $30-40K truck with gaping wheel wheels and tires that could go on a geo metro, seriously? That's why I'm holding on to my 2013.
I will give you that the RL May not be the most butch looking truck out there, but a vagina on wheels? Really? Come on man!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will give you that the RL May not be the most butch looking truck out there, but a vagina on wheels? Really? Come on man!
Ok, I might have been a bit harsh, but it's only because I love my Gen 1. It doesn't need to look butch, but I see them driving around and, seriously, for a 40K truck, it looks like a two wheel drive ranger. I'm sorry, just my opinion. I'm hoping that the 2020 refresh gives the truck bigger wheels/tires (and a volume knob). Trust me, we're a Honda family. Honda Ridgeline, Acrua RDX, Honda snowblower, Honda lawnmower, Honda weedwacker.

I was at Fleet Farm (in MN) a few weeks ago. I did see a Gen 2 ridgeline with some aftermarket wheels and tires...and possibly a 1-2 inch lift. I didn't get a chance to talk with the guy. But it looked amazing! The problem is, what kind of mods did the guy need to make so the computers didn't freak out for the larger wheels? Guessing he spent some big money to get that to work. And, in the end, he just made his Gen2 look like something that should've been factory made. It wasn't radical, he didn't have nuts hanging off his receiver hitch, it basically looked like a factory toyota tacoma height (except it was a honda). It was really cool!

·
Registered
202 Posts
They Skipped 2015-2016 Model Years...
My bad, read the Wikipedia article before posting. I misunderstood the one year hiatus.
Production of the first–generation Ridgeline ended in early 2015. After a one-year hiatus in production, the Gen2 Ridgeline went on sale in June 2016 as a 2017 model year vehicle and is still in production.[20]

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
...Again, I'm a Honda fan, love my Gen 1 - but holy hell, a $30-40K truck with gaping wheel wheels and tires that could go on a geo metro, seriously? That's why I'm holding on to my 2013.
Wait, what? I thought the stock 245/60R18 tires on the 2017-19 Gen2 were the same size as the stock tires on the 2013 Gen1 RTL? The "gaping wheel wells" of the G2 are more like an optical illusion -- they barely accommodate tires that are just two sizes larger (265/60R18) without rubbing. To my eye, many fullsize BOF pickups have very oversized wheel wells for the stock tires they come with. I figured they were designed to accept much larger tires or allow for mud and snow build-up.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm holding on to my 2013.
Good for you! Though, I find no purpose in putting down or criticizing your G1, you prefer it and that is just fine with me. We prefer our 2019, so would it be asking too much to expect the same consideration of your not criticizing our ride?

and, if I may make an additional comment, I am compelled to say that I am quite offended in the manner you also refer to a women in such a vulgar, condescending and derogatory manner! It would be appreciated if you showed a little more courtesy and respect there also.

Thank you!

Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ridgeline owner here (2008, 2013). Besides the obvious volume knob, I really would like to see the ridgeline with a ride height (and frame height) higher than the the Gen 2. Every time I see a Gen 2 on the hwy, I feel a bit embarrassed. The cookie cutter tires, the low ride height? Seriously, it looks like an old two-wheel drive ford ranger (actually, worse). The Gen 2 wheel wells need to be filled out with tires/wheels. The frame height needs to at least match the Gen 1. I mean, I'm not a big truck guy (living in the suburbs) - but so far, the Gen 2 ridgeline (even though is a nice ride), looks like a vagina on wheels. Again, I'm a Honda fan, love my Gen 1 - but holy hell, a $30-40K truck with gaping wheel wheels and tires that could go on a geo metro, seriously? That's why I'm holding on to my 2013.
Good lord dude...

2019 Tire Size...
P245/60R18

2013 Tire Size... P245/60R18

Holy crap they are the same...

Ground clearance is a .5 inch difference once again not massive.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Long time follower Cochise111. I've followed this thread since it's inception. One has to make an initial post sometime, right? I started watching this board after my 2008 purchase. I traded the 2008 in (with 60,000 miles) for a hold-over 2013 - because I loved the truck so much and I was worried a Gen2 wouldn't ever come out. I now have 52,000 miles on my 2013, but I certainly like the new tech that the Gen 2 has. However, it still looks like a 2 wheel drive ford ranger. Is that enough street-cred?
Street-cred? It took you 11 years of following this forum to make a post like that? Congratulations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just deleted dont want to get off topic... Just saw the press release...

The lack of radio change is disappointing and now I cant find an E near me to take advantage of the .9% financing.

2581 - 2592 of 2592 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.