Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

301 - 320 of 1637 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks G2,

So how do I go about finding out the TTL fees? I could call the dealer where I bought my 2014 Civic. I can do a search online for the Dealer Invoice price. I just like seeing all the prices at Cars.com. Each ad shows the dealer discount, but not broken down by rebates or incentives. I have contacted a couple of them that are over 500 miles from me asking them if the price includes all those "special" discounts that everyone doesn't qualify for. Their response is "the price is the same for everyone". Of course if I walk into the dealership and am told differently I'd rather do it at one that is 20 miles from my home. Only problem is the ones near me are 2K more than the best deals on Cars.com. So please direct me to how I can find these prices and then walk in to get my best OTD price.

Thanks!!

Autotrader.com lists the RTL-E dealer invoice as $38,130. That price of $37,178 is really low!!! Were there any other fees involved? Hmmm, maybe I should drive to Cali and buy it myself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ROC Pricing Threads...

Can we get back to "2020 release date?" if in fact we ever had been there? >:)
I think everyone is just killin' time in the absence of any news... I personally think we will see the new Pilot/Passport interior and some of the more 'adventure' styling of the Passport for the front end of the RL.

Our other car is a MDX Hybrid - I wish Honda would start moving this hybrid powertrain into some of their other vehicles... (CRV, Passport, RL, etc..) I am no Prius lover... But the new hybrids are super smooth, quiet, and efficient setup that provides a lot of range (important to me).

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have yet to see anything online about the 2020 release date. I have been contacted by 4 dealers in my area (Chicago). I told them I would like to wait for the 2020 model to see if there are any differences. They have not responded either negative or positive. Their response is that they will help me find a 2019 or a 2020 and earn my business. I've also done some searches online and nothing of any reliable sources let alone any spy photos of the 2020 have emerged. IMO Honda is building a ton of Passports and Pilots at the Alabama plant. There are several youtube videos of the 2019 RL that are dated from March of 2018 and later. One reviewer stated that the RL is a limited edition vehicle for Honda, this could explain why so many dealers have less than two dozen in stock, some I've seen have less than 8. One reviewer also said that the 2019 he was reviewing was released early in the model year. One year ago last month. I can't say whether or not the 2020 is going to be somewhat different or they are just giving the RL a break in production hoping to sell most of what they have in stock at dealers.

Anyone else have any theories on this subject?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree with you longboat. One has to just wait and see. If one is in the market for a RL today, then I say buy it and love it. If there was to be no changes or the 2019 was the first year of the redesign I would buy one now. I can afford to wait, not leaving Illinois just yet with my camper.

·
Registered
739 Posts
.... So how do I go about finding out the TTL fees? ....
Research on your state's government agency website(s) should reveal all. In TX it's the DMV for license fee info and the State Comptroller for title fee and tax info. "Document Prep Fee" may or may not be regulated in your state ... in TX as of this date it's limited to $150 by law unless the seller files for special exception.

Got a friend that recently bought a new car? Ask to see their sales contract, it should all be detailed there.

I build a spreadsheet that itemizes everything from the vehicle MSRP, destination charge, discount, trade, etc, etc , and calculates taxes and fees to arrive at the OTD bottom-line price - almost identical to a new car dealer sales contract worksheet. For me, invaluable for plugging-in various vehicle MSRP and discount scenarios to arrive at an offer I'll make for a specific vehicle found through online search.

Your Method May Vary.
______

Back to the 2020 (vs 2019) .... lots of great speculation in this thread about what's likely in a 'refreshed' 2020 RL. IF you read of features that would be important to you, enough to pay 'new model release prices' (minimal discounting), especially features seen on the latest current Pilot / Passport (which IMO are most credible in terms of potential to be realized on a '20 RL), I'd say wait 'till the facts are released by Honda to make a decision.

But, if even the most far-fetched of those possibilities are not so important to you, or if getting lowest cost for 'new' is paramount .... now is the time to be shopping, holding out perhaps for the rare 'last year's inventory incentive' that Honda might, on a long shot, offer on remaining '19s. If hoping to get the best deal on a '19, keeping an eye on eventually waning inventory choices is a must-do also. If determined that a '19 will make you happy no matter what comes with the '20, patience will almost surely pay to a point as even if Honda does not offer a manufacturer incentive, dealers will be most inclined to deal once '20s are delivered, IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Moderator's reminder: Please refrain from mentioning pricing at specific dealers in public posts since this can be considered unauthorized advertising which is prohibited under the Terms of Use.
Glad I didn't post the photo with the sticker on it then since it had the dealer name on the plate :)

No other fees as far as I know. For those talking about pricing on cars.com and other sites, the dealer had it marked full value on cars.com but showed the discount only on their website, so sometimes you have to go to the source to find the deal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was just going to look online this evening. They showed the new Passport on Kelly and Ryan Live today!

I just put "2020 Honda Ridgeline New York Auto Show" in Google and nothing came up.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I was just going to look online this evening. They showed the new Passport on Kelly and Ryan Live today!

I just put "2020 Honda Ridgeline New York Auto Show" in Google and nothing came up.
A 2019 Black Edition is on display at NYAS

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks fraughter!

Now of course that doesn't do any of us any good Honda!! Going to look at a 2019 RTL-E on Friday at the dealer I bought this last Honda at. Salesperson told me he will give me the truecar price with 1.9% financing. I hope to get a better deal than the dealer invoice price of $38,130.00

Stopped into another Honda dealer today and sat in the RL Sport on the showroom floor. White with black cloth interior. Very easy to get in and out of with my 5'5" height. (very short Sicilian mom). Did not want to talk to anyone. I've already been emailed by the internet salesperson at this dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This thread sure has gone quiet lately - I guess no news about 2020... Maybe May will bring some welcome news. I am also hoping to see a CRV Hybrid version get announced to compete against the Rav4.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congratulations!!!

My phone is ringing off the wall. Everyone wants me to come in by Tuesday, guess they don't want to pay the hold back for May. Also some of the dealers here are very pushy and won't give me a decent price. The others are giving $200 over dealer invoice and then demanding I come in and buy the vehicle. The one dealer that has the color I like (Obsidian Blue) gave me the lowest price. I don't want a vehicle payment for the next year, so I think I'll wait a month or so. Interestingly the dealers with only a few vehicles want to deal and the ones with a lot of them don't want to deal. Funny.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congratulations!!!

My phone is ringing off the wall. Everyone wants me to come in by Tuesday, guess they don't want to pay the hold back for May. Also some of the dealers here are very pushy and won't give me a decent price. The others are giving $200 over dealer invoice and then demanding I come in and buy the vehicle. The one dealer that has the color I like (Obsidian Blue) gave me the lowest price. I don't want a vehicle payment for the next year, so I think I'll wait a month or so. Interestingly the dealers with only a few vehicles want to deal and the ones with a lot of them don't want to deal. Funny.....
I experienced the same. The first dealer I went to had 27 Ridgeline's. 5 were Silver RTLE's (what I was looking for). 3 of them have been on the lot since last July. They didn't want to discount them. I ended up buying from a dealer that had only 7. I always thought the more they had in stock, the more they will negotiate. What I learned was go to the dealer that has the fewest, because they like to sell vehicles.

301 - 320 of 1637 Posts