Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2030 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
You might even be able to shut off the motor and go directly to accessory mode, while in Park!
Funny you should say that...the current Odyssey actually keeps the accessory mode on after shutting the vehicle off. It powers everything down once the driver door is opened. If you don't open the door and start the vehicle back up, it does not need to reboot the head unit, does not interrupt Bluetooth, so no having to reconnect...we will see if they add that functionality in 2020 on the RL.

·
Registered
69 Posts
powertrain (2.0T + 10AT?).
What do you think that will provide over the current drivetrain? Flatter, broader torque curve, sure - but you’ll be in boost to get it and the 10AT won’t save your MPGs.

Also, do you really want to contribute to the death of a NA Honda engine? I know turbos are the way of the future, but the J35 - even the K24 - can sound good wide open.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
What do you think that will provide over the current drivetrain? Flatter, broader torque curve, sure - but you’ll be in boost to get it and the 10AT won’t save your MPGs.

Also, do you really want to contribute to the death of a NA Honda engine? I know turbos are the way of the future, but the J35 - even the K24 - can sound good wide open.
Look at the power curves of both engines. The four puts out a lot more torque in the lower rpm range, where a heavy vehicle like the Ridgeline could make use of it. I doubt it will have much boost going on at 2000rpm, unless your foot is to the floor. Yet it will be putting out nearly 100Nm (~70ft-lbs) more torque than the V6 at that rpm.
20181108_080509.jpg 20181108_080409.jpg
Don't get me wrong, i like the V6 for what it is. Silky smooth power and a great cruising engine. But if I'm using the truck as a tool, the i4 may be a better work choice. Jury is still out on durability while towing at max specs, but it is a Honda.

I slapped together my own chart in xcel for.my own peace of mind. Numbers aren't exact, but very close. Tried to add it to my post above, but edit feature didn't let me add additional attachments.
i4v6.JPG
2.0T in green, 3.5V6 in blue

·
Registered
188 Posts
FWIW, one of the things I like about the RL IS the 3.5 engine. I have whatever variant in my 2016 Accord. I don't worry about oil dilution in the fuel (looking at you 1.5L CRV/Civic engine), or any other small block turbo issues Honda might need to work through. To me the 3.5 is a tried and true mill; give me that reliability any day. Plus, my Accord pulls like nobody's business. I haven't test driven a current gen RL, but I would expect similar feel.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep, even the 2019 Pilot Elite doesn't have 360 camera, and there'll probably never be a new feature that happens on the RL first. But the Pilot will need it for 2020 to stay competitive in its class, so maybe around 2022 the RL might have 360 cameras.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had that feature in my 2019 RDX. It drove me nuts because all four cameras had different colors casts - one was normal, one was yellow-ish, one was pink-ish, and one was green-ish which interrupted a relatively seamless image.
Maybe Honda being cheap and slap a low quality on it. I've seen others like Nissan, Hyundai, etc.. looks pretty good. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
12,561 Posts
Maybe Honda being cheap and slap a low quality on it. I've seen others like Nissan, Hyundai, etc.. looks pretty good. LOL!
Whatever the reason, I remember test driving an Infinti with the Around View Monitor back in 2008 when I bought my G35 and it looked better than my 2019 Acura.

21 - 40 of 2030 Posts