Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1620 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Ok, as for the 2020. The latest rumor from the dealer i visited is that it's coming in December. He swears on a stack of Bibles.
I have an atheist friend who often swears on a stack of bibles. ;)

I can't fathom a single model year running for 22 months - that would almost certainly be some type of industry record.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love one click ban and clean !
Ok, as for the 2020. The latest rumor from the dealer i visited is that it's coming in December. He swears on a stack of Bibles.

Steve
There have been several dealers that have said that now. Huh. Well that sucks for me if true. Thanks for sharing. I can't stand buying a new vehicle midwinter here with all the salt.

I almost just caved in an F150 while waiting, but I can't succumb to a truck that I can't work on in my garage or fit in the nearby city parking garages. Must resist :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
If December is correct, makes me think they are making some notable changes. Glass is half full.

I just talked to my dealer - has proven to be accurate historically. He said Earliest would be December - and that would only be if they are in his next allocation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,305
I love one click ban and clean !

Steve
I find it hard to believe it will not be till December, 22 months 😡 since the 2019 went on sale. If it is true and taking that long for a ‘minor’ refresh Honda and the future of the Ridgeline is in big trouble. There better be major refinements like the items that were on the Canadian Ridgelines all on the US ones anything less spell the end for the model again.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I find it hard to believe it will not be till December, 22 months 😡 since the 2019 went on sale. If it is true and taking that long for a ‘minor’ refresh Honda and the future of the Ridgeline is in big trouble. There better be major refinements like the items that were on the Canadian Ridgelines all on the US ones anything less spell the end for the model again.
And unless you're willing to pay MSRP, which I definitely am not, tack another 4-6 months onto whenever the 2020's finally reach dealers before any widespread and meaningful discounting off MSRP happens.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
...The latest rumor from the dealer i visited is that it's coming in December....
Technically, the dealer can't go wrong making this statement. On December 31 we will surely know the details about the 2020 RL. If Honda releases the info earlier, nobody is going to complain.

Just a reminder, the 2018 Pilot was released December 4, 2017.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
... That must be some sort of transcription or translation error. The phrase "pedal misapplication" is most likely related to a feature that Honda calls Brake Priority Logic (aka brake-throttle override) that closes the throttle if the brake pedal is depressed while the vehicle is in motion...
Thanks for that insight. I was wondering where they were going with that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just a question of possible historical value.

When Honda discontinued the Ridgeline before and took a several model year break between G1 and G2, was there any announcement that it was going to be discontinued? Or did it just disappear.... ???

It just seems very strange that there is NO information released DIRECTLY from Honda on the 2020 Ridgeline. Could it be that there will be another break in model year, or that the Ridgeline is just abandoned as a model? (permanently or otherwise)

People just want to know...

·
Super Moderator
4,718 Posts

When Honda discontinued the Ridgeline before and took a several model year break between G1 and G2, was there any announcement that it was going to be discontinued? Or did it just disappear.... ???

It just seems very strange that there is NO information released DIRECTLY from Honda on the 2020 Ridgeline. Could it be that there will be another break in model year, or that the Ridgeline is just abandoned as a model? (permanently or otherwise)

The first indicator that the G1 was going to be discontinued was the introduction of a new trim level - the SE (Special Edition). Honda gathers up all their left over parts and puts together a truck with some nice features in combinations not seen before.

"Topping the lineup is the Ridgeline Special Edition ($38,500), which combines the high-end equipment from the Ridgeline RTL with the sporty appearance of the Ridgeline Sport. That means a sunroof and leather plus 18-in alloys, a mesh grille and other stylish add-ons."

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Honda gathers up all their left over parts and puts together a truck with some nice features in combinations not seen before.
Is this fact or opinion? Since Honda maintains parts supplies for a discontinued model for a few years there would be little need to use leftover parts for a last hurrah trim. And Honda did introduce new wheels for the SE model which was unavailable on previous models as far as I know.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
And Honda did introduce new wheels for the SE model which was unavailable on previous models as far as I know.
The 2014 Ridgeline SE's wheels were the same wheels made for the upper 2012-2015 Pilot trims except the pockets were painted black instead of gray.

·
Super Moderator
4,718 Posts
Is this fact or opinion? Since Honda maintains parts supplies for a discontinued model for a few years there would be little need to use leftover parts for a last hurrah trim. And Honda did introduce new wheels for the SE model which was unavailable on previous models as far as I know.
Let's not go down this road again @Farther! That comment was meant more as a joke than a fact, but the SE model is a fact.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
When Honda discontinued the Ridgeline before and took a several model year break between G1 and G2, was there any announcement that it was going to be discontinued? ....
^
^
The first post actually answers your question. Notice it is dated September 2013 and foretold the release of Gen 2 in second quarter 2016 as a 2017 model.

I bet Joe (csimo) knows some juicy future tidbits. Too bad he is not around as much. : (

·
Super Moderator
6,753 Posts
Fact = NO, Opinion = YES, Typical = YES. Do I have a vehicle that defy’s this “standard” YES

2016 was the last year of the CR-Z, for the year it received upgraded Head Unit, and new front and rear bumpers, but no SE version. Additionally rumors were plenty to the CR-Z being on its last day for a year or more from all the automotive press. I have not seen, read, or watched any thing other than the occasional post here on this forum about the demise of the Ridgeline.

If I had to speculate, what might be delaying the 2020, the massive inventories of the first of the year. Dealers lots, along with more stored by Honda through out the country is why they are waiting to drop to a certain level of inventory. We’re probably close, but when is the question.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

But I say again remember what Kerry McClure Chief Engineer 2nd Gen Ridgeline said in interview on Autoline After Hours #331 The UN-Truck,Truck Kerry said the platform was supposed to be applied to a PickUp Truck first
But Honda re-prioritize their vehicles so the MDX came first followed by Pilot then Ridgeline.
So again seems like it would not have been much of a break between the 2014 model and 2nd Generation.
We all know the Ridgeline is not a high volume vehicle for Honda treated as the Redheaded Step Child.
Everything Jeff Conrad said in this same interview has come true Ford is back in the midsized market Dodge is coming Hyundai Santa Cruz & something from VW in the works. Honda would be a fool to get out of the midsized pickup market now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wonder if anyone at Honda reads this thread if they laugh uncontrollably at some of the comments and speculations...
I'm sure they do. I used to work on something followed on many forums. It was crazy what people would come up with for how it worked etc. Gave us a lot of giggles. But we loved reading them!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I will close this thread when the 2020 is officially announced.

I asked nicely to end the off-topic discussion earlier. Further defiance will result in warnings or bans. I and other moderators volunteer hours of our time each day to try and keep this forum organized and behaved. Those who can't follow the rules will be shown the door.
You have my thanks, this owner forum is better organized than any other I've been on.

And thanks for moving the financial thread, we can continue the discussion, just over there.

1301 - 1320 of 1620 Posts