Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1,441 - 1,460 of 2,592 Posts
I thought the dealer order sheets came out in July, so usually about 3 months later they should start hitting dealerships. So my guess is October for the refreshed 9 speed Ridgelines.
Crossing my fingers for that! Even more RTL and Sports models are into the local dealers by me with more in transit. Not much for RTL-T and RTL-E left or in transit.

Class 3 hitches can go to 8000 lbs and 800 lb tongue weight. Honda could have designed the hitch for less than that. Not sure of they can call it a class 3 if so or if there are any rules governing it.
Class 3 hitches CAN be rated for up to 8000lbs with a certain design, but the Honda Class 3 hitch (at least the one on the G1), was only rated for 5000lbs. as proven by a sticker placed on the hitch itself that said so. I remember way back when that Joe snapped a pic of this and posted. I would hope that the hitch design itself changed for the G2. If Honda wants to remain in the towing capability conversation with the other mid size trucks, they're going to have to bump the ratings to at least 6000-6500lbs.

So... according to the inventory manager at the dealer I buy from, he said that he was able to put in his order for the ‘20 for the November build. So it looks like we are looking at a December release maybe. He has been reliable in the past so I would put his credibility pretty high, the key question is when will Honda release the units.

So... according to the inventory manager at the dealer I buy from, he said that he was able to put in his order for the ‘20 for the November build. So it looks like we are looking at a December release maybe. He has been reliable in the past so I would put his credibility pretty high, the key question is when will Honda release the units.
well that is some news finally - I guess at this point I am more interested in when Honda will release information on the '20's...including on sale date.

Today I see camouflage shots of the 2021 Odyssey refresh. We have seen those for the CRV refresh as well. Still, nothing on the RL, I would think that if production is to end this year we would see something running around with a comouflague front end by now.

Today I see camouflage shots of the 2021 Odyssey refresh. We have seen those for the CRV refresh as well. Still, nothing on the RL, I would think that if production is to end this year we would see something running around with a comouflague front end by now.
But that assumes there will be a styling refresh, we don't know that. Further, if they do refresh and just take the new passport nose, what is there to drive around and test?

It does feel odd that the dealer order list came out in July and we haven't gotten anything since and nothing directly from Honda.

Yeah I kinda doubt that the possible front styling refresh would require any testing on a camouflaged RL. We didn't see or hear about any cloaked Pilots running around with the 2019 front styling tweaks. I think some folks' hopes for the 2020 RL refresh are ramped up a little too high.

Yeah I kinda doubt that the possible front styling refresh would require any testing on a camouflaged RL. We didn't see or hear about any cloaked Pilots running around with the 2019 front styling tweaks. I think some folks' hopes for the 2020 RL refresh are rampd up a little too high.
There were certainly spy shots of the 2019 Pilot refresh. I don't think the RL would be an exception Even the 2015 CRV got some design tweaks when they dumped in the CVT/2.4 DI powertrain.

There were certainly spy shots of the 2019 Pilot refresh. I don't think the RL would be an exception Even the 2015 CRV got some design tweaks when they dumped in the CVT/2.4 DI powertrain.
That's just it, pilot and crv tweaks were a new to honda designs that required testing. Ridge won't get anything new to honda. Same powertrain and nose as either the pilot or passport.

Pilot, Passport and RL and Odyssey have never shared the same front end and I doubt that will ever happen.
The only difference between the Pilot, passport and Ridgeline front ends are the lower bumpers that house markers/fogs, and honeycomb vs bar grill. No functional difference between the 3, you could bolt any of the 3 front ends on any of the 3 vehicles and not skip a beat.

The only difference between the Pilot, passport and Ridgeline front ends are the lower bumpers that house markers/fogs, and honeycomb vs bar grill. No functional difference between the 3, you could bolt any of the 3 front ends on any of the 3 vehicles and not skip a beat.
Call BS on that. The proof is in the pudding, not the recipe.

Thanks, interesting, I read the IIHS a few days ago and did not see this, I suspect Honda only announced this after the IIHS updated their website. I checked Bernardi and there is only one part number for the headlight. So, other than headlight aiming or a change in test criteria I don't understand how the rating improved. Any ideas?

If my daughter will require a car next semester for her college coop the wife will have either a Highlander or a Passport and unfortunately I'll have to trade in my Accord or the RL or both. HIghlanders even with the deals on outgoing lame duck 2019's are still more expensive than a Passport Sport so a lot is up in the air right now.
The answer turns out to be that high beam assist is now standard after June 2019 raising the rating. This is telling because if I am interpreting correctly it means that low beam only is poor.

1,441 - 1,460 of 2,592 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.