Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk about the new design of the 2020 Ridgelines but IMO they made it look so plain-Jain to me. Honda took out all the aggressive cues and made it look like 2000 Ford ranger. Thank goodness I got the 2019!
Push button gears??
8 speed CVT??

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
What are you talking about? The 2020 Ridgeline Sport is indistinguishable from the 2019 on the outside and adds Honda Sensing, 8" Display Audio with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support and customized vehicles settings, a power tailgate lock, and paddle shifters. It has a 9-speed automatic, not an 8-speed or a CVT.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Idk about the new design of the 2020 Ridgelines but IMO they made it look so plain-Jain to me. Honda took out all the aggressive cues and made it look like 2000 Ford ranger. Thank goodness I got the 2019!
Push button gears??
8 speed CVT?? View attachment 398757 View attachment 398758
I haven't seen a 2020 yet. Can't wait to check out that "8 speed CVT". 😕 I think you meant to spell "9 speed auto".:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
What are you talking about? The 2020 Ridgeline Sport is indistinguishable from the 2019 on the outside and adds Honda Sensing, 8" Display Audio with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support and customized vehicles settings, a power tailgate lock, and paddle shifters. It has a 9-speed automatic, not an 8-speed or a CVT.
His post was sarcastic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correction 9 speed CVT. Lol!! 🙂
Honda's problematic 9 speed CVT and push button gears. Like’em or dislike’em?
How many people use paddle shifters in their trucks? Or even their cars? All gimmicks to me.
Can’t get over the slimmed design. I’ll install an android interface in replace for Honda’s car play.
A power tailgate lock 👍🏼
honda sending 👍🏼
Slimmed design👎🏼

·
Registered
626 Posts
How many people use paddle shifters in their trucks? Or even their cars? All gimmicks to me.
Can’t get over the slimmed design. I’ll install an android interface in replace for Honda’s car play.
A power tailgate lock 👍🏼
honda sending 👍🏼
Slimmed design👎🏼
Don't think it's a CVT, right?

I don't generally care about paddle shifters, but for towing it should be helpful to select a specific gear sometimes. That said, one of the reasons I went with the 2019 was to get the simpler/proven 6 speed.

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
A power tailgate lock 👍🏼
honda sending 👍🏼
Slimmed design👎🏼
1. It's not a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). It's an automatic transmission with nine forward speeds.

2. It's not a Honda transmission. It's a ZF transmission installed in a Honda.

3. Paddle shifters are useful for downshifting in preparation for a pass, spirited driving, and engine braking.

4. All 2020 Ridgelines support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. If you don't like Honda's or Apple's interface, use Android's.

5. You keep talking about the "slimmed design". What in Helen Keller's universe are you talking about?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check out the hood...the 2019 has a higher hood than the 2020 flat hood.
Check out the rear panel of both...
2019 is shaped outward vs 2020 flat edge design.
the lip on the tailgate on the 2020 is shorten. Thats why I’m saying the 2020 has a slimmed down design.

·
Registered
511 Posts
^ I think that's just the light and camera angle on those two separate shots. I don't believe there is any body changes between the 19-20 models

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Check out the hood...the 2019 has a higher hood than the 2020 flat hood.
Check out the rear panel of both...
2019 is shaped outward vs 2020 flat edge design.
the lip on the tailgate on the 2020 is shorten. Thats why I’m saying the 2020 has a slimmed down design.
There are ZERO changes to the Ridgeline's sheet metal or exterior trim for 2020. You seem to be reaching a conclusion based on two, slightly different computer-generated images. The two renderings have different light sources which you seem to be interpreting as physical differences. I assure you those two vehicles are identical in exterior appearance in real life.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,259 Posts
The only differences I see in SMOKIN post are the painted rims. The 2019 Sport's rims look black while the 2020's look dark gray. Either way, I like the basic design of these rims over the others on the Gen2.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My 19 truck came with these rims. They are two tone unlike the sport model that is one colour. I like them too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts