Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thoughts?

Looking to pick up my first ridgeline, for 38k +tax/tags. Is this figure too low?

2020 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
MSRP $43,520

Items that were on my build:
Cargo tray
trailer hitch towing kit
hood air deflector
door visors
hard truck bed cover
outdoor essentials package
(additional cost of $4028)

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you find a dealer willing to lose $2000 to sell you a car I will be impressed. That is without accessories.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
131 Posts
Thoughts? Looking to pick up my first ridgeline, for 38k +tax/tags. Is this figure too low?

2020 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
MSRP $43,520

Items that were on my build:
Cargo tray
trailer hitch towing kit
hood air deflector
door visors
hard truck bed cover
outdoor essentials package
(additional cost of $4028)
Seems like it, especially with $4K in your build options added on. That's almost $9K off. Is it a demo? My 2020 RTL-E wasn't much more but I had no options except CD player (yes I am a dinosaur) and I am in a high-demand area for AWD with minimal 2020 RL stock available and none on the horizon coming in.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I had found the OEM tonneau online at BK Auto Parts for $659 + $111 shipping and handling (that's 1/2 price shipping; they provide a discount code) and was thinking about pulling the trigger.

The dealer had given me a price of $999 plus tax, so $1059. When I was there for my first service on Friday I told the parts/accessories guy I'd found it for the low price, and asked if they'd care to discount theirs, as I'd rather buy it there. He said if it's a dealer they'd probably compete; told him I didn't know if BK was a dealer, but he asked for a printout of the deal for consideration. So I emailed a copy of the deal, thinking they might come back with "that's not a dealer"....but he voicemailed saying they'd match it, plus tax. Surprised but happy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Negotiations in these "days of covid" made things very nice and tidy for me. I tried TrueCar and that was a waste of time.
So I Googled all of the Honda dealers within 30 miles of me and went to each of their websites and said what I was looking for (2020 RTL-E in Obsidian blue)...and to email me with their best price. They all did. I got down to the final two, and went with the closer of the 2, paying a "premium" of $200 (over the very lowest offer of $40,800) for an OTD on the bottom of the buyer's order that reads $41,000. I had a couple of calls, people wanting to see if I was serious or a tire kicker. Usually those resulted in email within a half hour.
Went to the dealer, gave them my deposit and I'll be picking it up next Friday.
Total time online was about 1/2 hour. Total time with several phone calls, about 1/2 hour. Total time in the dealer looking over my new truck...again, about 1/2 hour. I expect another 1/2 hour when I do the final document signing and take delivery. Total time invested about 2 hours....on the truck.
I spent more time, frankly, piddling with BofA on the auto loan site, but knew the answer I was going to get (with an 845 FICO, you know the answer).
I actually miss the cross the desk, talk to my manager thing, at the various dealers, but then I'm old school. But from an efficiency point of view, these days of covid are a thing of beauty. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a 2020 RTL AWD today. I contacted the online sales rep last night about 9pm. Emailed back and forth a few times. Met her at the dealership about 130pm and was out of there by 3pm. Everyone kept their distance for the most part. Got a great deal (paid 500 below dealer cost). Right now they just want cash flow so they can keep paying employees. They are also giving a free lifetime power train warranty with a new purchase. Which is great as I won't buy another truck until this one literally falls apart.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just bought a 2020 RTL AWD today. I contacted the online sales rep last night about 9pm. Emailed back and forth a few times. Met her at the dealership about 130pm and was out of there by 3pm. Everyone kept their distance for the most part. Got a great deal (paid 500 below dealer cost). Right now they just want cash flow so they can keep paying employees. They are also giving a free lifetime power train warranty with a new purchase. Which is great as I won't buy another truck until this one literally falls apart.
Congrats!

I think the RTL AWD is an excellent value among the RL trim levels - got a 2019 myself.

What color?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Lunar Silver
12 Posts
After researching the RTL-E for several months, I have decided to try and buy one near the end of the month. I think I am going to shoot for 38k for the truck and destination fee only. I don't want or need anything else. According to the DMV, estimated taxes and registration will be approximately 4k so I am hoping for 42K OTD. No trade in. I might do financing as long as they don't try too hard to push the addons. I am fairly certain I qualify for the 0.9%. I also qualify for the $500 first responder rebate. This is for Southern California.

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter Metallic
29 Posts
Thanks to Perks at Work True Car pricing and a price war between my preferred dealership, First Team Honda, and Priority Honda, I purchased a 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter Metallic for $36,470 (not including taxes, tags and registration) on March 25, 2020. I did add a few accessories so my total price was just over $42k everything included. The accessories will be installed next week.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks to Perks at Work True Car pricing and a price war between my preferred dealership, First Team Honda, and Priority Honda, I purchased a 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter Metallic for $36,470 (not including taxes, tags and registration) on March 25, 2020. I did add a few accessories so my total price was just over $42k everything included. The accessories will be installed next week.
Did you have the Honda 1k loyalty rebate to get there? In looking for an RTL, the lowest I was sent was 38 k plus tax for an RTL-E (dealers ful of just this trim by me). But the Honda loyalty rebate doesn't currently apply to me

·
Registered
7 Posts
First post here, looking at jumping into Ridgeline and taking advantage of the current conditions... I just got quoted a 2020 RTL-E for $36.2K (Houston TX) ..not including TTL.
I'm looking at being ready here within the next couple of weeks... I'm wondering if May may be a better time to purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
First post here, looking at jumping into Ridgeline and taking advantage of the current conditions... I just got quoted a 2020 RTL-E for $36.2K (Houston TX) ..not including TTL.
I'm looking at being ready here within the next couple of weeks... I'm wondering if May may be a better time to purchase.
I’m not sure you’ll be able to do any better if that includes all dealer fees.

·
Registered
217 Posts
FWD I assume?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know if the Honda loyalty rebate applies if you currently have a Acura? The finance company is still true Honda Finance Corp so I was hoping they would still count it :ROFLMAO:

81 - 100 of 156 Posts