Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter Metallic
29 Posts
Did you have the Honda 1k loyalty rebate to get there? In looking for an RTL, the lowest I was sent was 38 k plus tax for an RTL-E (dealers ful of just this trim by me). But the Honda loyalty rebate doesn't currently apply to me
No, I didn’t have the royalty rebate. It was just a pricing war. Priority Honda really wanted my business and they knew I was working with First Team Honda. So they kept emailing me better offers which First Team Honda matched.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,307 Posts
I emailed about half a dozen dealers. About half sent me the form letter, "At blah blah Honda we really want to earn your business. Give me a call about how we can meet your needs", etc.. No price. However Airport Honda in Knoxville hit me with the best deal by far. Guess my timing was right. After negotiating the deal, I got another $1,000 Honda Loyalty (wife owns a 2013 G1) and an additional $500 from a pop up coupon window on their website. Price before tax and license was $36,471. No add-ons or hidden fees other than the detestable doc fee of $599, which was included in that price. From what I've seen, this was about as good a deal I could get on a 2020 RTL-E. Drove it home Wednesday. Dealership was fantastic-like a nice Mom and Pop store rather than a profit driven conglomerate.

·
Registered
RTL-E 2020 pearl white
16 Posts
2020 RTL-E I got mine for 38,000 out the door here in so cal. Sealed the deal before walking in to the dealer. paid 1400 extra for warranty 84/100000

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Lunar Silver
12 Posts
2020 RTL-E I got mine for 38,000 out the door here in so cal. Sealed the deal before walking in to the dealer. paid 1400 extra for warranty 84/100000
Wow, that seems like a great price. Before Coronavirus started, I was thinking of trying to get a $38,000 price ($42,000 OTD). I keep going back and forth on when I should start the buying process since Coronavirus but if I can get a similar deal, I may start on Monday. I have been looking at dealer's website throughout SoCal. May I ask where you bought your RL? Did you have a trade in and did you use the dealer financing? This gives me a better idea on what they and I may offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
RTL-E 2020 pearl white
16 Posts
I did use there financing and a military discount
Went with World Honda Westminster talk with David Tran let know I can talk with him

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bought a 2019 Sport AWD for $26,700 + TTL today. Price included the $1K loyalty incentive. Before committing to the Sport, I test drove a 2020 RTL-E. Dealer quoted $37,600 with the $1K incentive for the RTL-E before TTL. I’m sure I could have negotiated a better deal for the RTL-E but $10K off MSRP for the Sport with 0.9% financing - that was just too good a deal to turn down!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Lunar Silver
12 Posts
I did use there financing and a military discount
Went with World Honda Westminster talk with David Tran let know I can talk with him
Thank you. I went to their website and didn’t see any of the truck colors that I wanted. I realize a dealer’s website may not always be up to date and they can get a vehicle from another dealer if needed. I think I’ll start the loan application process with my credit union this week and then just see what’s out there. I don’t actually have to buy unless I want to buy.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Lunar Silver
12 Posts
Well, dealers are not budging on there initial offers for mr. The best offer was $39,700 plus TTL on a 2020 RTL-E. I was hoping for $38,000 plus TTL. California DMV estimates TTL at 4K so I was asking for 42k OTD. This was a price I was thinking before Coronavirus. I am probably not very good at this as this the first time I have bought directly from a dealer. The only other time was 15 years ago and it was through an auto buying program so no haggling. Even Costco auto was lower than the dealers offer ($39,500). I am thinking/hoping they will come back in a few days/weeks with a better offer but will it be enough? We’ll see.

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
Well, dealers are not budging on there initial offers for mr. The best offer was $39,700 plus TTL on a 2020 RTL-E. I was hoping for $38,000 plus TTL. California DMV estimates TTL at 4K so I was asking for 42k OTD. This was a price I was thinking before Coronavirus. I am probably not very good at this as this the first time I have bought directly from a dealer. The only other time was 15 years ago and it was through an auto buying program so no haggling. Even Costco auto was lower than the dealers offer ($39,500). I am thinking/hoping they will come back in a few days/weeks with a better offer but will it be enough? We’ll see.
What works for me is to send my OTD offer to as many dealers as I can find who have what I'm looking for in stock within a reasonable distance. I make it known that I'm sending my offer to multiple dealers and the closest one who accepts my offer gets the sale.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Lunar Silver
12 Posts
What works for me is to send my OTD offer to as many dealers as I can find who have what I'm looking for in stock within a reasonable distance. I make it known that I'm sending my offer to multiple dealers and the closest one who accepts my offer gets the sale.
Ok thank you. I started off trying to pit dealers against each other but didn’t work or I did it wrong. I became tired and frustrated by it. So I went to an OTD price. So far, everyone has declined the offer. It has been 5 dealers. I have a couple more dealers I can try. At least now, I am in their database and they can come back to me later if they become desperate.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E AWD Steel Metallic/Gray Leather
15 Posts
Haven’t followed the deals people have posted here for the RTL but..
Take 8.5% off MSRP as a close start.
If doc fees are high like $500, be more aggressive. I really feel that is 3-6 months the economy will be at a point that there will be better deals. And lower interest rates.
I am going to wait if I can’t get the deal I want now.
The video is about Honda high cost of leasing but talks about the 8.5 %
Good luck
Just bought a 2020 RTL-E MSRP was 43,140 so I haggled as at the time I was in a piece of garbage 2014 BMW X5, traded it in at $20k. My net net on the Ridge was just around $40K. The dealer tried to charge me $1,500 for pinstriping and door guards! I said that is an add on take them off. Sales said every Honda has them I said your full of it and got up and said I have 3 dealers calling me daily will I find these add ons there? They took pin striping off left door guards but I got that $1,500 back. If I had known that this virus was going to stop the economy I would have waited and got another couple of grand off and if I wanted to take a loan out I have a credit score of 860 so 0% financing would be a definite. I wanted the Steel Metallic exterior and Gray interior. At the time it was impossible to find so that was my experience. I used the guy on YT NorthEast sales for the 8.5% markup and took it from there. Rides 10x better than the BMW and being a 9-year driver of 1G's I prefer the 1G look but traded that for upgraded entertainment, camera and the audio is 10x better thank my 2011. I have mods to do once the economy starts rolling.
Hang in there for another week or so and start at $39,500. You will get a good deal on an RTL-E.
Good luck, hope it helps.
RM

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I got bored this afternoon so I was checking out all the dealers within a 200 mile radius checking out their inventory and the cheapest Ridgeline that I came across was $39,000. If this had been my experience a year ago there would not be a Ridgeline in our driveway today............................
Bill

·
Super Moderator
1,433 Posts
I've found when searching for "cheap" new cars you have to expand your range further. Especially in a market like ours which is controlled by lower volume and I have to look to places where they just sell cars like Walmart sells toasters. The best deal I see today is this one. for $36g's on a 2020 RTL-E. That's pretty dang good.

Steve

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've found when searching for "cheap" new cars you have to expand your range further. Especially in a market like ours which is controlled by lower volume and I have to look to places where they just sell cars like Walmart sells toasters. The best deal I see today is this one. for $36g's on a 2020 RTL-E. That's pretty dang good.

Steve
That is a demo with 5000 miles on it. Still, not bad. I’m having a hard time believing the prices some people report they are getting but what do I know?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,307 Posts
........................... I’m having a hard time believing the prices some people report they are getting but what do I know?
Usually you can score a better deal on a unit that's been sitting on the lot over 90 days. Why my dealer let mine go so cheap confounds me as date of manufacture was March 2020. Still looking for a replaced fender, door or other body part, lol. Price was with or without trade too. When I did decide to trade in my mint low mile 2017 Ram Laramie 4WD, their price was 29,000. The added tax savings was $2100 which brought me to $31,000 for the trade which was more than fair. Only thing I can figure is they make their money mainly in used cars,..............they have over 500 for sale!

101 - 120 of 156 Posts