Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd have to see that on paper to believe it.
That's what the finance manager said when he saw my price! I started out with dealer invoice research, then I emailed 4 local area dealers who had the units I wanted on their lots ready to move - luckily the first offer came in quite low, and my closest dealer beat it by $100 + the throw ins mentioned. Overall, I ended up getting it for around $7,200 under MSRP which is my best deal yet!

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
That's what the finance manager said when he saw my price! I started out with dealer invoice research, then I emailed 4 local area dealers who had the units I wanted on their lots ready to move - luckily the first offer came in quite low, and my closest dealer beat it by $100 + the throw ins mentioned. Overall, I ended up getting it for around $7,200 under MSRP which is my best deal yet!
Care to share a copy of your paperwork (personal information redacted, of course) to substantiate your price claim?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I could, but yes I'd have to redact all personal info and the dealer details so not sure how much value that would be! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd have to see that on paper to believe it.
Me too. I have always taken these outrageous deal claims with a grain of salt but it seems to be getting a little deep in here. No sour grapes, I am a big boy and paid what I paid, but there is no way people are buying 2020 RTL-E's for 36K unless there's some shady business going on. That's just ridiculous. Maybe there's some new dealer cash jackpot that I'm not aware of. I'd believe it on a '19 as I saw the deals on the RTL's back in January myself, but the '19 RTL-E's were long gone by then. If people are really paying that then the only downside I see is that resale value will really suck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking for feedback on the quote I received this week (below)
2020 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Your E-Price $ * 39,995
Assumption Tax Title & registration is not included

Thanks for your input - Michael

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looking for feedback on the quote I received this week (below)
2020 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Your E-Price $ * 39,995
Assumption Tax Title & registration is not included

Thanks for your input - Michael
That looks like a fair and reasonable price to me. Of course some are claiming that they’re getting $7K off if MSRP for 2020’s but I don’t believe it. $4.5K off of sticker for a BE is a decent deal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting. My best offer so far is 2020 RTL-E $38.5K including transfer of plates from existing car. Everything except taxes. They hate getting to this simple #. Kept trying to add on what I call "Magic Boxes". This included splash guards, all weather mats & locking wheels. The only problem I've run into is financing. They want me to use one of the their lenders, but can't upfront disclose the rates. So I'm waiting.

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting. My best offer so far is 2020 RTL-E $38.5K including transfer of plates from existing car. Everything except taxes. They hate getting to this simple #. Kept trying to add on what I call "Magic Boxes". This included splash guards, all weather mats & locking wheels. The only problem I've run into is financing. They want me to use one of the their lenders, but can't upfront disclose the rates. So I'm waiting.
Leave and go get your own financing. If they won't take a check or cash (which they probably won't without raising the price), go somewhere else.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Leave and go get your own financing. If they won't take a check or cash (which they probably won't without raising the price), go somewhere else.
If the deal is good enough it could be worth it to take their financing even if it’s a little more than you can get elsewhere. $38.5K for an RTL-E is a great deal. They will try to tell you that you need to keep the loan for three months, but that is only so they can get their kickback. There is no penalty for paying off early. I took the dealer financing just out of convenience, but it was through Honda and was a reasonable 3.5%. I paid it off a month later, though, because I hate debt and just needed to move some money around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is a good idea on the financing. I did the same thing on my Mazda 3 in 2016. Supposed to talk wd the salesperson tomorrow. We'll see. I plan on trading it in. If I can get to a final deal I'll post the result.

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
That is a good idea on the financing. I did the same thing on my Mazda 3 in 2016. Supposed to talk wd the salesperson tomorrow. We'll see. I plan on trading it in. If I can get to a final deal I'll post the result.
Honda is offering 1.9% for up to 60 months on the 2020 until at least 1-Jun, so you shouldn't pay more than that unless you have bad credit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also, do you qualify for any incentives Honda is currently offering?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Lunar Silver
12 Posts
I bought mine last week and didn't know about this deal. I had my own financing but they came back with the 1.9% so I decided to take it. It wasn't a big difference but it still saved me some money.

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Quote via the Costco Auto Program from dealership near Cleveland, Ohio:

View attachment 402523
That deal would be a little better than normal, assuming you can qualify for all of those "additional discounts." Most people just getting out of college probably would not qualify to purchase a $40K+ vehicle.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts