·
Registered
501 Posts
Don't tell me it comes with its own mechanic...........cool

Just kiddin, great insight to the new upgrades

·
Registered
50 Posts
Came across this little video for the Ridgeline 2020. I thought people might interested .
Thank you. Now I know what that mystery part is that came with my new 2020 Ridgeline and was in the glove box. :) It is the locking panel that goes underneath the tailgate to cover the yellow wire that unlocks the tailgate. Not sure if it is not installed or is a spare part, but I will check it out. I never thought to look under the tailgate. Also good to know about the unmarked panel to open the fueling door and the jelly bean game. Thanks again...

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Thank you. Now I know what that mystery part is that came with my new 2020 Ridgeline and was in the glove box. :) It is the locking panel that goes underneath the tailgate to cover the yellow wire that unlocks the tailgate. Not sure if it is not installed or is a spare part, but I will check it out. I never thought to look under the tailgate. Also good to know about the unmarked panel to open the fueling door and the jelly bean game. Thanks again...
Your Honda sales person did not go over this in your final delivery inspection ?
They should have this is a new feature to Ridgeline.
I don't know if dealerships are still having new owners car clinics these days.
They would have them every month for all the owners that purchased vehicles in the last month or two.
This would teach owners about features on their vehicles service department question and Answers ect.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your Honda sales person did not go over this in your final delivery inspection ?
They should have this is a new feature to Ridgeline.
I don't know if dealerships are still having new owners car clinics these days.
They would have them every month for all the owners that purchased vehicles in the last month or two.
This would teach owners about features on their vehicles service department question and Answers ect.
He showed me the part, but he was not sure what it was either. I figured I would find out later. My sales guy was not very good, but hey, I got the vehicle I was looking for, the price was fair and I left the dealer feeling good about my purchase (still do). I've been scouring through this forum and the owner's manual to absorb everything I can (for an old guy) about my new vehicle. Have learned a lot in the two weeks since my purchase and I will get there. BTW, I installed that part on the tailgate yesterday, so it is now where it should be.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Heck my sales guy kept trying to tell me that my 2018 had an automatic locking tailgate. I finally got him to give me the FOB and I walked a few yards away and told him to demonstrate the locking tail gate to me. When it opened he thought something had broken. He had not a clue, it was just another vehicle to sell to him.

·
Administrator
13,701 Posts
While I was waiting to have the battery replaced under warranty on one of my first-generation Ridgelines, a salesman wandered over and said, "Nice Ridgeline! Did you get 2WD or 4WD?" I told him that he needed to go re-train then walked away. That was very rude of me. I should have said, "Thanks! I really enjoy it. I'm sure it gets confusing trying to keep up with so many different vehicles, but all Ridgelines are AWD", but I didn't - such a response would have been unbecoming of me. :oops:

·
Registered
26 Posts
While I was waiting to have the battery replaced under warranty on one of my first-generation Ridgelines, a salesman wandered over and said, "Nice Ridgeline! Did you get 2WD or 4WD?" I told him that he needed to go re-train then walked away. That was very rude of me. I should have said, "Thanks! I really enjoy it. I'm sure it gets confusing trying to keep up with so many different vehicles, but all Ridgelines are AWD", but I didn't - such a response would have been unbecoming of me. :oops:
Did 1st gens come in Front Wheel Drive? 2nd gens do.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I have a 2017 RLBE that is dressed like a Type R.

After watching Honda Pro Jason’s video, I sawed off my 6-speed shifter, put a yellow useless tie strap on the bottom of my tailgate, glued a couple ping-pong paddles to the back of the steering wheel, and put a bag of Jelly Beans behind the unmarked backup fuel release panel.

KMA 2020 RL, I can do everything you can and am less shifty about it!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts