Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can barely sleep tonight. Picking up my 2020 RTL-E tomorrow (Its taken me 3 years to pull the trigger and buy a new vehicle)
Below is the list of accessories I will be buying in the next couple of weeks.
Please share any advise that you may have on any of these items or any other "Must Haves, or suggestions"
Thanks.
1) Tinted front windows
2) BAK MX4 Tonneau cover
3) 3D Maxpider weatherproof floor mats
4) Body side molding
5) Roof rails
6) Splash Guards

Future purchase
a) Running Boards

Not interested in the following (Unless convinced otherwise)
b) Window deflectors
c) Hood Deflector
d) Bumper push guard

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Look at places like

Honda parts now. Com
Bernardi Honda
College hills Honda

They offer really good discounts on oem accessories. You may even get your local dealer to come close to matching their prices.

Congrats on the new Ridge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Some people here are having trouble with the 3D maxpider rear and going to Husky, look for that thread to save you the hassle of a poor fitting rear mat.

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Honda regular hood deflector started whistling. Thought it was the windshield at first and took months to figure out. Now it sits in the corner of the garage and the noise stopped. It used to drive me crazy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blentre - Thanks.
That's good to know. By regular hood deflector, is that the larger of the 2 that are available? I believe there is a low profile option. I wonder if that one whistles?

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
I would certainly invest in paint protection film for the front of your Ridgeline before you get chips in the paint. There are several different brands such as 3M, Xpel, etc.

It won't provide much protection from large rocks or bolts (my son had a bolt hit the front of the hood on his WRX while driving on the highway), but it will provide adequate protection from the small rocks that wreak havoc on the windshield.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sparkland,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I just called the local Xpel dealer and was quoted $895 for partial front and $1,785 for full front. Does that sound about right? Seems really expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sparkland,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I just called the local Xpel dealer and was quoted $895 for partial front and $1,785 for full front. Does that sound about right? Seems really expensive.
That does sound about right. It is expensive. I skipped getting PPF on the Ridgeline because it's my 'truck' and it sits outside and frankly I don't care that much. It now has a big rock chip in the hood from a rock that also chipped the windshield :/ . THat all being said, I PPF'd the entire front (and then some) of my new Miata because I care about that car a whole lot more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Folks thanks for your input.
Here is what I have bought so far.

• BAKFlip MX4 - Found it for 849.00 w/ free shipping
  • 3D Maxpider - Amazon had complete set (3 pieces $194.00). I found if I ordered each part individually from them it came to $185.24 ( I'm prime member so free shipping on all)
  • Body side molding
  • roof rails
  • splash guards.
Will get windows tinted next week

I am in hog heaven.

Love this truck

·
Registered
202 Posts
Folks thanks for your input.
Here is what I have bought so far.

• BAKFlip MX4 - Found it for 849.00 w/ free shipping
  • 3D Maxpider - Amazon had complete set (3 pieces $194.00). I found if I ordered each part individually from them it came to $185.24 ( I'm prime member so free shipping on all)
  • Body side molding
  • roof rails
  • splash guards.
Will get windows tinted next week
Are you doing a ceramic tint on your windows? It does a great job cutting down on UV in the cab. I would also recommend a set of hood struts from ADKflagpoles. No more messing with that prop rod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my new RL last week and looks like I went for the same accessories as you!

I bought the full Maxpider set from Amazon (purchased separately) - fronts are installed and look excellent (perfect fit and really good quality). They are so much nicer looking that the WeatherTechs I had in my Pilot. Rears arrived today, but not installed yet so I can't comment on fit.

I ordered the WeatherTech mudguards - I'll install them this weekend. I also have a BAK MX4 Tonneau cover on order. Will probably get running boards too, but not decided yet.

Other things I ordered immediately are the longer door stays (to improve rear door clearance) and the Honda tailgate lock - you won't need either of these in your 2020 :).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SeattleR.
Congrats on your new RL. Which trim did you get?

I did not see the WeatherTech splash guards. They look good. About the same price as oems.

What did you pay for the BAKflip MX4?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would also consider door edge film. Honda makes a nice pre-cut kit that won't trap grit under it like the hard plastic edge guards tend to do. It's almost invisible after it's applied.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some people here are having trouble with the 3D maxpider rear and going to Husky, look for that thread to save you the hassle of a poor fitting rear mat.

Mike
I went this route. I love the maxpider, but my dog stands on the rear seat track and slides all over when I corner. The husky covers the seat track with rubber, so no sliding pooch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on your new RL. Which trim did you get? ... What did you pay for the BAKflip MX4?
I got the RTL (managed to get a good price on one of the remaining 2019s from our local dealer). I didn't find any discounted prices for the MX4 - $1029 seems the standard price.

I would also consider door edge film. Honda makes a nice pre-cut kit that won't trap grit under it like the hard plastic edge guards tend to do. It's almost invisible after it's applied.
Our dealer installed this kit on our car. It is invisible as I didn't actually realize it until I was close up cleaning the car! Also included film on the door handle "wells" (which was an area our Pilot got scratched up a lot).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts