Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the dimensions for the trunk dividers on a 2020 RTL-E? thx

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
514 Posts
Should be the same as previous years right? I can measure tomorrow on my 2019. You want to make your own? There is a thread around here about doing that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to give it a go and make my own. I know the mounting brackets taper from top to bottom. I'll measure tomorrow and post. Thx for the info.

·
Registered
391 Posts
They are not that expensive & time is money ?.

·
Administrator
15,675 Posts
Anyone know the dimensions for the trunk dividers on a 2020 RTL-E? thx
You may be interested in this thread:

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
21 Posts
Same part number from 2017 to 2020.
Installed a set on my 2020 and was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
514 Posts
They are not that expensive & time is money ?.
That was my thought when I bought mine. Plus I knew that my job wouldn't look as nice as OEM, so eventually that would bug me enough that I'd eventually end up buying OEM anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,559 Posts
One thing to consider. If anything is leaning against the dividers, they will flex and presumably warp in hot weather. Although the trunk area stays pretty cool.

Reactions: Pleease

·
Registered
290 Posts
Pictures I've seen made them look a bit flimsy. I ended up making some out of MDF. I made 3, but I find I typically use only 1. So I keep one installed and the other one stored right next to it in case I need it. I've only used both once so far, but it came in real handy for carrying home some leftovers. They kept everything from sliding around quite nicely. Don't want the green beans getting mixed in with the gravy. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
One thing to consider. If anything is leaning against the dividers, they will flex and presumably warp in hot weather. Although the trunk area stays pretty cool.
I have had many 12-oz beverage cans explode from the heat inside my trunk, in Louisiana. I don't know what kind of temps that requires, but it has got to be 'warmish' enough to make warping a valid consideration when choosing a material (I am hoping that a tonneau cover over the bed will solve my soda problem, by keeping the sun from beating down directly on the top of the trunk; kind of an expensive fix, I know, but with other benefits as well).

·
Super Moderator
5,559 Posts
I have had many 12-oz beverage cans explode from the heat inside my trunk, in Louisiana. I don't know what kind of temps that requires, but it has got to be 'warmish' enough to make warping a valid consideration when choosing a material (I am hoping that a tonneau cover over the bed will solve my soda problem, by keeping the sun from beating down directly on the top of the trunk; kind of an expensive fix, I know, but with other benefits as well).
That's interesting. I used to work for Coca-Cola and never had any cans explode from the heat in my Coke truck, but I had quite a few Diet Cokes explode from below freezing temperatures. It usually took around 0 degrees F for them to begin to expand and explode.

Reactions: zroger73 and Gary_G

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I use the trunk a lot - straps, misc tools, chainsaw, tire compressor, etc., and my G1 trunk often became a quagmire of tangled stuff. Got dividers right away for the G2, and what a difference! Much neater, and even seems to hold more. Wound up getting dividers for the console storage too - much, much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts