Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
Does Sirius/XM sound poor on the Sport and RTL? I never play music through my phone. I only listen to talk radio or XM. I assume that the Sport trim might not even have access to Sirius/XM.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
No positive updates on this issue? There should be a resolution to this problem and Honda should find it.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
I think our best bet is to reach out to a aftermarket company like Dasita or others to do a full integration. Here is a youtuber that specializes in reviewing these type of units
I would gladly pay a few hundred for one of these.
The Ridgeline will continue to take hits on consumer reports regarding the infotainment system. The rest of the truck is fantastic, but problems remain with this system. It is disappointing that one of the most expensive vehicles Honda (excluding Acura) produces still has a lackluster infotainment system.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
Who will volunteer to do a video outlining this problem on their YouTube channel?

Reactions: zroger73

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
Is anyone having this issue on an RTL-E or Black Edition? I’ve run several phase tests on my RTL-E and I can’t replicate the problems (described in this thread) folks are reporting on Sports and RTL’s.

Just curious if I just got lucky or if the higher trims are
It does not happen on the higher trim models as they have a better system.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
Is there anyone with a 2021 Sport who HASN'T had an issue? I'm about to trade in my lemon 2019 for one and this audio issue horrifies me.
I agree with you. Who wants a 2021 vehicle that already has been identified as having a faulty sound system? It appears that we are on our own, which speaks volumes about Honda and probably most other car manufacturers.

Reactions: purdy44

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
Why should I have to look for a 2020, when Honda should have tested the 2021 Sport/RTL head units to make sure they at least did the job for which they are intended. I guess they were too busy figuring out how to incorporate a needless "volume" knob, which as of now is fairly useless because you need to have the head unit at full volume for the radio to work properly.

That is one way to drive customers toward the top trim levels, but not the correct way.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
Here are some videos i took of my issue from two different locations

Thank you for sharing the videos and providing some enlightenment as to the jproblem.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
FWIW, my 2017 RTL-T head unit does crash once in awhile while using Apple CarPlay. The navigation unit has difficulty finding any but the most common locations, by name. If I use the address it will usually find the location. But, the sound quality is above average on the head unit. I am hoping the 2021 is not a significant downgrade. At least I won't have any issues with the navigation system.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
If you're referring to the Harman/Kardon system in the Ram 1500, the RTL-E's system isn't nearly as good.
We have that system in our Subaru Outback and it sounds pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
Just park the RTL in the parking lot of the largest Honda dealer in town with the music blaring. And give away something inexpensive for their opinions. Maybe even get some balloons for the kids. Customers will flock to the vehicle and you can explain the inadequacies of the sound system in the brand new 2021 Ridgeline.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
-3 for the bass is also the setting I use and after upgrading the front speakers to Focal ICU 165, I can now say that I’m finally satisfied with the sound my ’21 Sport provides.
I hope Crutchfield upped the inventory on those speakers. We all know what the "ROC" effect can have on suppliers.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
This thread has completely ground to a halt. Is everyone satisfied with the sound system on their 2021 RTL and Sport trim levels, or are they just putting up with it? To be honest I have no complaints, but I only listen to it on radio and XM. So much for a Honda update.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
And Honda absolutely does not care. They have never done software updates for infotainment systems.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,248 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts