Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this problem on my 2021 Ridgeline. I am an audio engineer. I hear compression. It’s so bad
Thank you so much for posting this. I knew there was something wrong, but was unable to put my finger on the specific problem. I agree, this is just awful. If it's true Honda will not likely do anything about this, is there ANY available fix or mitigation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, here's where we're at: The Ridgeline Sport and RTL compression algorithm is flawed. There will likely be no fix coming from Honda. So, and this question goes out to the audio engineers/audiophiles in the group, could we perhaps mitigate this problem by pre-compressing our music source? That is; if we delivered audio signals to the Honda that were already reduced dynamic range, could we avoid kicking in Honda's own flawed compression algorithm? Compression is not necessarily a bad thing in loud automobiles, radio stations did it all the time, I believe.

Just searching for something, anything, that avoids making me mad every time I try to listen to music in the truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts