Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any luck finding a bug deflector for the new facia/front end profile of the 2021 Ridgeline? I’ve ordered a big deflator from 2 different suppliers and neither fit- they all assume that a 2017-2020 fit works for the 2021- I can assure you it does not.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
247 Posts
Only one available so far is Honda's "hood protector" that actually sticks on the hood. Honda P/N 08P47-T6Z-100A

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I currently have the Honda Low Profile Air Deflector for my 2020 Sport. It works decently well. It fits well on the Ridge.
yeah that’s the one I ordered and it doesn’t fit the 2021 RL. 2021 front end facia and hood line are new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I added the OEM bug deflector to my 2021 purchase. Huge mustake! Eventually the dealer gave up on getting it to fit and refunded my money. I strongly advise anyone considering it to NOT purchase this accessory. This design is a failure as it stands right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had a deflector on my current pickup truck for 22 years. Other than fading a bit, it's been fine. It is probably more brittle than it was when it was new. In general, I've been satisfied with it.

That said, when my new Ridgeline shows up, I'm going to look into having a body shop cover the front of the hood and fenders with 3M film or equivalent. It will cover more territory than the bug deflector and be less obvious. The decision isn't final. More research is required.

·
Registered
On Order: 2021 Ridgeline EX-L
21 Posts
I've had a deflector on my current pickup truck for 22 years. Other than fading a bit, it's been fine. It is probably more brittle than it was when it was new. In general, I've been satisfied with it.

That said, when my new Ridgeline shows up, I'm going to look into having a body shop cover the front of the hood and fenders with 3M film or equivalent. It will cover more territory than the bug deflector and be less obvious. The decision isn't final. More research is required.
Others in my family have gone the 3M route and it looks good. I find I like the look of a bug deflector though.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
247 Posts
Paint protection film can turn yellow after a few years, not good if you have a white truck. Otherwise it looks great, but is very expensive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks good, I have been putting bug deflectors on my vehicles for years now, Canada winter salt and stone chips will eat a hood real fast. Now the RL has gone back to a steel hood, I have ordered one for my 21 sport. No idea when the new truck will get here though with the chip shortages, so was good to see the look on the white.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
247 Posts
Looks good, I have been putting bug deflectors on my vehicles for years now, Canada winter salt and stone chips will eat a hood real fast. Now the RL has gone back to a steel hood, I have ordered one for my 21 sport. No idea when the new truck will get here though with the chip shortages, so was good to see the look on the white.
Have you ever heard of Formfit shields, made in Canada? I hope they make one for our 2021 models, great quality!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts