Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wonder if this would tone down the straight pipe a bit?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yep......waiting for his next post/what’s the latest.

It would be interesting to see a pipe over a pipe Helmholtz (like a trombone slide) that could easily be lengthened/shortened using a lap joint band clamp. Hum. Chances of finding tubing with the same ID as the OD of the other tube is probably slim to none.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A couple things, 1) Sounds great. 2) Does this impact your warranty? 3) Perhaps I'll hear you running around Kokomo (I live in Carmel, work in Kokomo).

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
96 Posts
A couple things, 1) Sounds great. 2) Does this impact your warranty? 3) Perhaps I'll hear you running around Kokomo (I live in Carmel, work in Kokomo).
They can refuse to process a warranty claim on the engine.

"But Noel the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act !!!!"

People love to reference this as the biggest shield against car modification.
Good luck with that. You will really need it.

·
Administrator
18,544 Posts
Bingo. The automaker doesn't mind denying a warranty claim even though the burden of proof is on them. They know that 99.999% of owners won't actually take them to court and no sane attorney would actually take such a case to court, either. The MMWA makes for nice conversation, but I challenge anyone to share a first-hand experience where it was actually used and benefitted the consumer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds good. Would love to get a sound of just cruising at different speeds listening for drone. From the clips so far I like it better than any of the after market exhaust I have heard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
There is a slight drone. I really wanna plan a couple hour road trip to figure out what rpm it hangs at. But a drone I can live with for sure. Scale of 1-10. I says its a 3-4.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts