Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline White Black Edition
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone with a 2021 make sure you check your fog lights. Mine don’t come on but the switch works and the indicator is lit on the dash.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have you checked fuses? They may differ on your 2021 but my 2020 lists them as being tied in with reverse lights as shown in the manual. These are found in the interior fuse box, not the engine compartment, of the 2020 RTL-E. Check your manual to find the location of your fog light fuse before taking it to the dealer. A 15 amp fuse costs about $5.

Reactions: JoeyFaz

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you checked fuses? They may differ on your 2021 but my 2020 lists them as being tied in with reverse lights as shown in the manual. These are found in the interior fuse box, not the engine compartment, of the 2020 RTL-E. Check your manual to find the location of your fog light fuse before taking it to the dealer. A 15 amp fuse costs about $5.

View attachment 410463
Thanks. Checked the book. The fuse was missing. Everything is fine now. Because I have the rear AC plug it was fuse 26 in engine bay on the passenger side. I think it is 15 if you do not have the AC plug.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glad the fix was easy and didn’t need the dealership!

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Glad you got it fixed easily.

Now start looking at leds. A lot of people say that V-Leds are expensive. They are a bit. But the trade off is lifespan. I still have mine from 2010 in my G1. Never trusted the cheap ones. And their customer service is outstanding.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you got it fixed easily.

Now start looking at leds. A lot of people say that V-Leds are expensive. They are a bit. But the trade off is lifespan. I still have mine from 2010 in my G1. Never trusted the cheap ones. And their customer service is outstanding.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Already ordered for high beams and will for other lights shortly

·
Registered
234 Posts
Aren't all exterior lights except turn signals, high beams, and reverse lights all LED for the 2021 model across all trims? V-LEDs are great though, I used them in my CR-V and now the Ridgeline.

Reactions: ROBSRTL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aren't all exterior lights except turn signals, high beams, and reverse lights all LED for the 2021 model across all trims? V-LEDs are great though, I used them in my CR-V and now the Ridgeline.
Yes I think you are correct. Just doing high beams and non-led interior lights for now

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you do get V-LEDs for the turn signals, unless they changed their construction, you can get either the front or rear turn signals only and they won’t need resistors to prevent hyper flashing. But if you do both front and rear, you’ll need resistors on either the front or rear set of bulbs, from my experience doing it (I did the front since there’s more room for resistors). Of course, some folks prefer the hyper flashing effect, perfect for epileptic seizures lol

Reactions: ROBSRTL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. Checked the book. The fuse was missing. Everything is fine now. Because I have the rear AC plug it was fuse 26 in engine bay on the passenger side. I think it is 15 if you do not have the AC plug.

Thanks again!
I just picked up my 2021 up this weekend and noticed the same problem with the fog lights. I will check the fuse box. There were a couple extra fuses in the glove box when I took delivery.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I would love to change my high beams to LED to get rid of the “yellow” stain of shame.

Who sells the most dependable and highest quality.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL-T
144 Posts
I just picked up my 2021 up this weekend and noticed the same problem with the fog lights. I will check the fuse box. There were a couple extra fuses in the glove box when I took delivery.
Are they square-shaped fuses? Those might be for the 7-pin trailer harness.

Reactions: VA Ribs
1 - 20 of 25 Posts