Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
^ This is why we can't good deals. ;)
Sorry that my decision to purchase the vehicle and obtaining the best deal I am able to negotiate, including a zero interest financing option that is due to expire may somehow compromise the ability you and others to get a deal in the future, as implied. I choose to look to this forum as a resource for owners, your profile say you are no longer a Honda owner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tend to agree, I think the zero interest will be extended. I choose to not chance it as I had planned to buy in the next (4) months anyway.
Zero cost financing for 36 mo. is a whole lot better than 0.9% for 48 mo. and 1.9% for 60 months and $ 1950 or $5100 in interest charges, respectively.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tend to agree, I think the zero interest will be extended. I choose to not chance it as I had planned to buy in the next (4) months anyway.
Zero cost financing for 36 mo. is a whole lot better than 0.9% for 48 mo. and 1.9% for 60 months and $ 1950 or $5100 in interest charges, respectively.
Double check your math, those numbers are way too high for interest charges.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the camp of folks disappointed that some features are only available in Canada. For me, it's the ventilated seats. I had those two vehicles ago and kick myself every time I drive for not getting them with my current vehicle.

For those who live up north, is it not an option to pop across the border and pick up a Canadian model with the features you want?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I have seen some others ask that question here on the forum, and the answer was that Canadian dealers are refusing (not allowed to by Honda?) sell Canadian Hondas to American customers; someone else also mentioned warranty issues, trying to get warranty work done on a Canadian Honda by a U.S. dealer (don't know if that's true, or not...)

Steve

·
Super Moderator
2,293 Posts
Buy used from Canada. Even with 10,000mi then it won't matter as used no one cares. Get an aftermarket warranty in the US if you want a warranty then. We do this with snowmobiles purchased in Canada. New forget it. Used is never a problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dealers have some sort of franchise agreements about this, at least Lexus does for sure.

I was in a Lexus dealership buying a car a few years ago and had to wait for my salesman to finish a deal. The guy buying in that deal was almost done and gave them a check when he announced to just about everyone in the dealership he was going to ship the car to Hawaii as soon as he gets it. That threw the salesman and his boss into a bit of panic. They told him they can’t sell him the car if they knowingly took a sale away from the dealership in Hawaii. Hey gave the guy is check back and said sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still no Canada features in the US. Disappointed. Why Honda continues to deprive the top of the line model of features they have already developed is incomprehensible to me. I’d pay whatever the extra asking price was to have ventilated seats, rear heated seats, and power folding mirrors on my Black Edition.
I'm starting a campaign. If you haven't already, suggesting ventilated seats can be done here: https://crrs.secure.force.com/service/hondaw2c

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have seen some others ask that question here on the forum, and the answer was that Canadian dealers are refusing (not allowed to by Honda?) sell Canadian Hondas to American customers; someone else also mentioned warranty issues, trying to get warranty work done on a Canadian Honda by a U.S. dealer (don't know if that's true, or not...)

Steve
Oh I think they'll sell anyone a truck; if the have one. Inventory up here is tighter. It's when you want to cross the border with it and plate in the USA you'll find people not returning your calls.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Oh I think they'll sell anyone a truck; if the have one. Inventory up here is tighter. It's when you want to cross the border with it and plate in the USA you'll find people not returning your calls.
Multiple Canada dealers have refused to sell me a truck. They are under strict orders by Honda not to sell cross-market and can lose their dealership license.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is this the case with new cars, only? SURELY I could go to Canada, and buy a used car from someone, correct?

Steve
New only. And if you could get someone with an address there to let you buy using their address that would likely work, but the minute you’re using a U.S. license or they get a hint you’re a U.S. buyer, it’s not happening. Honda has had numerous complaints from U.S. dealers about this and they made it clear they do not want it happening. I spoke at length with the sales manager at a dealer in Canada about this. Believe me, I’ve tried.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
What I can't figure out for the life of me, is if Honda is getting complaints from U.S. dealers about U.S. folks going north to buy Canadian-version Ridgelines, why Honda won't "wise up" and sell a U.S. model with the Canadian options that apparently so many U.S. customers desire to have...

Steve

61 - 80 of 84 Posts