Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
BTW, I don't think you can look up parts for the 2021's yet.
Dealership might have the part numbers available to them. Scary thing is if it is anything like the one piece garnish from the 2020 it could be in the $500-$700 range.....o_O

eurban -- do you mean, Bernardi won't be able to help? I was able to get the part number, and a printout of the "exploded diagram" of the grill, from the parts department at my dealer, but that doesn't mean that the parts are available yet...

Steve
If the dealership gave you a part number they should be able to tell you what it's worth.

can you post up the part number?

·
Registered
6 Posts
LateApex -- interesting; I didn't know that, but if that's true for 2021, then that would answer the question definitively.

GhostYK1 -- perhaps so; I've considered it. I don't know how much vinyl wrap is, how hard it is to install and make it look "professional," and how durable it is...and I don't know yet how expensive the black grill garnish is. I'm going to check Bernardi tomorrow. Does anyone know the other Honda parts place that many people talk about here, besides Bernardi?

Thanks!

Steve
I think it is college hills Honda that offers good online prices. Collegehillshondaparts.com

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mjlong -- ahh, yes, College Hills. That's one I have seen others mention, thanks!

Ghost -- the Honda part number for the black 2021 garnish is 71150 T6Z A60. I didn't ask about the price, since he wasn't even sure if it would fit the RTL-E grill (as I described ealirer). I figured I was going to check Bernardi and the other place (College Hills) anyway...

Steve

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
lineman78 -- Wow. That was interesting. That looks like an easy DIY project, to blacken the garnish. THANK YOU for sharing...

Excellent.

Steve

Steve

·
Registered
316 Posts
mbertolero -- I think we discussed this a bit before. Is "auto-flex" something that can be DIY, with good results? There are no "installers" in my state...

Steve
It's decidedly not a DIY thing. You need a real paint sprayer, so it has to be done by an auto body / high end detail place.

Not a big fan of plasti-dip. It seems to chip pretty fast. For the time it takes, I wouldn't do it.

I would go with 3M Vinyl wrap. I don't know if you've ever applied graphics, stickers, or tint, but with some practice you can do a pretty good DIY job.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
mbertolero, thank you very much for your thoughts, once again. So, without any auto-flex places in my state, that may be out of the question. I did look at 3M Vinyl yesterday, as a part of this discussion; no, I haven't applied graphics/stickers/tint, but I'd be willing to try it, since in a worst-case scenario, I screw it up and simply peel it off.

I'll give Bernardi and College Hills a call shortly, to see if they have pricing yet on the black garnish, and then go from there.

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,607 Posts
eurban -- do you mean, Bernardi won't be able to help? I was able to get the part number, and a printout of the "exploded diagram" of the grill, from the parts department at my dealer, but that doesn't mean that the parts are available yet...

Steve
If you go to Bernardi parts (online) and type in 2021 for the year. Ridgeline is not an option. Other online OEM part's sources seem to be the same as Bernardi. I don't know if your dealer can access the parts or if Bernardi can if you call them. Good luck!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
eurban -- yes, I was not able to find the part online either, yesterday, when I checked. This early in the model year, all available "parts" may be being consumed by vehicles rolling off the assembly lines, and there perhaps won't be enough "surplus" to sell the parts individually until a bit later on. I'll see what Bernardi tells me, when I call...and will let everyone know.

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Talked to both Bernardi and College Hills...the garnish runs about $175 for the black one, and like my local dealer, neither of them could confirm that the garnish is interchangeable with the chrome one on the RTL-E. But, I'll go with LateApex's info and assume that it's fully interchangeable.

Has anyone ever replaced a grill part like this? I'm just wondering how difficult removal would be (I imagine the "clips" or whatever, that hold these pieces on, might be a bit of a challenge if you've never done it before)?

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
LateApex -- interesting; I didn't know that, but if that's true for 2021, then that would answer the question definitively.

GhostYK1 -- perhaps so; I've considered it. I don't know how much vinyl wrap is, how hard it is to install and make it look "professional," and how durable it is...and I don't know yet how expensive the black grill garnish is. I'm going to check Bernardi tomorrow. Does anyone know the other Honda parts place that many people talk about here, besides Bernardi?

Thanks!

Steve
Hey Steve, I'm going to use spray-on plasti-dip on my 2020 Black Edition. Either flat or gloss black, did it on 3 previous Lexus (or Lexi) with outstanding results...706.970.9689 if you have any questions, Rob

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Rob --

THANKS! When I get the truck (should be within a week or so), I'll be starting to think toward making some of these changes. I may give you a call (I appreciate it)! What parts on your Black are you going to spray, and when do you think you'll be doing it?

The good thing about the plasti-dip, as I see it, is if I screw it up, or it's not durable enough over time, or whatever, it can always be removed, and a new approach taken (vinyl wrap, or buying the OEM black garnish...)

Seems like sort of a no harm/no foul thing to at least give it a try (assuming I can remove the garnish without too much trouble; I still have concerns about how difficult it may be to remove, dealing with whatever clips/retainers are involved).

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rob --

THANKS! When I get the truck (should be within a week or so), I'll be starting to think toward making some of these changes. I may give you a call (I appreciate it)! What parts on your Black are you going to spray, and when do you think you'll be doing it?

The good thing about the plasti-dip, as I see it, is if I screw it up, or it's not durable enough over time, or whatever, it can always be removed, and a new approach taken (vinyl wrap, or buying the OEM black garnish...)

Seems like sort of a no harm/no foul thing to at least give it a try (assuming I can remove the garnish without too much trouble; I still have concerns about how difficult it may be to remove, dealing with whatever clips/retainers are involved).

Steve
I'm going to coat the chrome part of the front grill & the chrome strips above the doors...I feel that they do not belong on a Black Edition. It peels off if you ever change your mind with
"goof off" and a cloth.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm going to coat the chrome part of the front grill & the chrome strips above the doors...I feel that they do not belong on a Black Edition. It peels off if you ever change your mind with
"goof off" and a cloth.
Sounds good; I wasn't aware the Black Edition in 2020 had some chrome on the grill. I'll look forward to any pics you take, once you are done with the project...

Thank you!

Steve

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had all the chrome wrapped on my 19' shortly after I got the truck. Matte Black 3M Vinyl. Guy charged me $200 to do the whole truck. Still looks good....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for the info. That's a really reasonable price...

Others have mentioned 3M vinyl specifically...so it has held up well?

Steve

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
17 Posts
Thanks for the info. That's a really reasonable price...

Others have mentioned 3M vinyl specifically...so it has held up well?

Steve
3M and Avery are the 2 big names and both make a quality product. Getting my 2021 RTL-E done next week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
aottaviano1 -- thanks for the info. I'll have a look at Avery, as I hadn't heard of them to this point.

Thanks!

Steve

21 - 40 of 54 Posts