Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stop my 2021 Ridgeline going forward up an incline and let it drift back it shuts the engine off and shifts to neutral. So no brakes and rolling backwards fast. Almost crashed into traffic the first time this happened. Is this related to hill assist? Is there a way to turn this off? This is very dangerous. Appreciate any insigh.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
139 Posts
Ne
When I stop my 2021 Ridgeline going forward up an incline and let it drift back it shuts the engine off and shifts to neutral. So no brakes and rolling backwards fast. Almost crashed into traffic the first time this happened. Is this related to hill assist? Is there a way to turn this off? This is very dangerous. Appreciate any insigh.
Never experienced this on mine. My entrance to the garage is inclined.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
501 Posts
Idle stop is supposed to be automatically disabled on inclines. Not sure how steep of an incline it takes to disable it. Will the engine stop running in this scenario if idle stop is manually disabled with the idle stop disable switch? When you say “shifts to neutral” does the transmission selector display neutral? The vehicle will roll in D when the engine is not running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idle stop is supposed to be automatically disabled on inclines. Not sure how steep of an incline it takes to disable it. Will the engine stop running in this scenario if idle stop is manually disabled with the idle stop disable switch? When you say “shifts to neutral” does the transmission selector display neutral? The vehicle will roll in D when the engine is not running.
Yes, it displays neutral.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
501 Posts
That’s not good. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
139 Posts
Manual says steep incline. On my 3 degrees incline isn't disabled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts