Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Thought I would share some images and thoughts on Kayaks for the Ridgeline. I just discovered this community and joined today. This is my first Ridgeline and I love it! I picked up day before Easter. So much space, love the storage in the back seat and in the bed! We bike, kayak, hike, etc… so this truck works great! We bought two Delta kayaks, wonderful. We use the J-hook racks with locks and also use a DocksLocks lock cord to lock the Kayak to the J-hooks if traveling.
Sky Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

The Ridgeline is fantastic for the Kayaks. I can get in the bed and mess with straps easily. I use two small aluminum foldable steps from Harbor Freight on each side of truck to put Kayaks up and for strapping. Easy to use and tie down! Let me know if you have any questions.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Sky Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice setup. I just let my 9.5' kayak sit on tailgate with tip down to front bottom of the bed, and rear up in air. It works but I wonder whether road vibration may damage the boat as the contact area with tailgate is a thin line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This works great. This way I have my bed covered and locked with my stuff when traveling. Also very difficult for anyone to easily take them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts