Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don’t think I’ve read an owner’s manual since, IDK, 1977?

I mean some things like oil change intervals are common knowledge. Cars should be built so you can figure them out intuitively. Like Apple computers for instance.

Also of note, the one car I looked at the manual a bit—Fiat 500L—the manual was completely useless.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
I don't know about that statement. You need to read the manual to fully understand why cars do things that they do. Like the ACC cruise control system. It has specific things that happen based on the programming in it. Like low speed control and how if you stop and start again. The manual is the answer to these questions. And a car like the Nissan Rogue SL has a owners manual with 700 pages. There's no way you'll figure all that stuff out without reading it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know about that statement. You need to read the manual to fully understand why cars do things that they do. Like the ACC cruise control system. It has specific things that happen based on the programming in it. Like low speed control and how if you stop and start again. The manual is the answer to these questions. And a car like the Nissan Rogue SL has a owners manual with 700 pages. There's no way you'll figure all that stuff out without reading it.
I have no problem figuring out ACC. Virtually the same as with my Tacoma. I have no problem figuring out virtually everything with the Ridgeline. It's a pretty intuitive vehicle. Even tells me if tires are flat or when oil needs to be changed.

A manual of 700 pages is useless except as a reference or a doorstop, IMO.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
97 Posts
That mentality is what creates many unnecessary negative reviews out there. People that don't know how to properly use their equipment to the manufacturer's terms.

For example, one thing that will be very common this summer among new 2021 owners.
"My RL is broken, Auto Start/Stop isn't working ?"

The manual addresses this on p.106

·
Registered
108 Posts
That mentality is what creates many unnecessary negative reviews out there. People that don't know how to properly use their equipment to the manufacturer's terms.

For example, one thing that will be very common this summer among new 2021 owners.
"My RL is broken, Auto Start/Stop isn't working ?"

The manual addresses this on p.106
I think people who cannot figure this out (or at least find it in the manual) should not be driving in public.

BTW, I am not bothered at all by the ASS feature. (No joke intended.) Doesn't bother me in the least.

·
Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
385 Posts
Reading the owner’s manual?

Seems like no one reads the owner’s manual anymore…..well I did. If I could get the wife to read her owner’s manual for her rav4.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Not much reason to read the entire manual anymore unless you are having trouble getting to sleep!

Just down load the .pdf version on your phone and tablet and use the search function.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Does the 2021 model have full-stop-and-follow capability?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Not much reason to read the entire manual anymore unless you are having trouble getting to sleep!

Just down load the .pdf version on your phone and tablet and use the search function.
You're right; all you need is the searchable document, or the hard copy to look stuff up.

I probably wouldn't just read the manual even if I were marooned on an island with nothing else to look at but the sea and coconuts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I actually read the manual today. Well a bit of it relating to key fobs.

It’s not the best I’ve seen, but it’s not the worst.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
129 Posts
How ironic, with respect to getting folks to read the Owners Manual, see the bottom of the forum page...The heading says "Recommended Reading"...LOL! Does anyone here do that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts