Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Silver Sport HPD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does the Sport NOT have the LED DRLs? You know, the ones that are like the "eyebrows" that wrap around above the headlights. All I ever see on are the two kinda weak amber lights by the grille.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
632 Posts
Easily fixed with a simple bulb change, NO it isn't technically legal, but my DRL's aren't as bright as my low beams, These led's dim , and my high beam performance is far better than stock.No flickering, no errors. Just buy them direct, ask for a discount, you'll have them in 2 or 3 days, much better than Amazon! no more pee yellow lights for me (LOL).

HB3 9005 LED Headlights Kits Bulbs Daytime Running Lights DRL (allalighting.com)

·
Registered
2020 Sport
95 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
These two threads might help out. You will need to purchase the PWM drivers since the LED's might flicker when the power is reduced for the DRL.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The brochure for the Canadian Sport claims it has LED DRLs, but I haven't actually gotten in front of mine when it's running and in gear to see what they look like.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
Unlike some vehicles, the Ridgeline doesn't need to be in gear for the DRL's to come on.

If the headlights and parking brake are off, the DRL's come on when the "ignition" is "on". The engine doesn't even have to be running.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Since I don't particularly like the "yellowish" DRLs on my 2021 Sport either, I simply leave my headlight switch "ON", and have nice white light at the front of the truck !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Since I'm driving a gray vehicle during a summer plagued by wildfire smoke, I think I'll keep my DRLs, thankyouverymuch. They really help seeing certain vehicles under some conditions of so-so visibility.

I also don't understand people who won't turn on their headlights at dusk, especially if they're driving small gray vehicles. "I can see! I don't need headlights!"

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, does the Sport NOT have the LED DRLs? You know, the ones that are like the "eyebrows" that wrap around above the headlights. All I ever see on are the two kinda weak amber lights by the grille.
My 2021 Sport is wired for the eyebrows and the LED strip appears to be be inside. I am trying to find out how to activate them, it is more then just adding a fuse. I have a feeling a relay needs to be added in the interior fuse box but I cannot fine a wiring diagram on line.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2021 Sport is wired for the eyebrows and the LED strip appears to be be inside. I am trying to find out how to activate them, it is more then just adding a fuse. I have a feeling a relay needs to be added in the interior fuse box but I cannot fine a wiring diagram on line.
That sounds interesting and maybe hopeful. Looking forward to hearing the results from your research.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
567 Posts
The headlight part numbers for the Sport and RTL-E are not identical. I doubt the Sport headlights have the LED strips for the DRLs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@VJB Any success with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
My 2021 Sport is wired for the eyebrows and the LED strip appears to be be inside.
How do you know it's wired for LED DRL's and how do you know there are LED's inside the headlight assembly? Honda says only the RTL-E and BE have LED DRL's and the headlights are different part numbers than the Sport and RTL.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How do you know it's wired for LED DRL's and how do you know there are LED's inside the headlight assembly? Honda says only the RTL-E and BE have LED DRL's and the headlights are different part numbers than the Sport and RTL.
LOL Honda also "says" my RTL did not come equipped with auto high beams, a ratcheting passenger armrest, and a conversation mirror - yet here we are... 😉

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
192 Posts
LOL Honda also "says" my RTL did not come equipped with auto high beams, a ratcheting passenger armrest, and a conversation mirror - yet here we are... 😉
My '21 RTL did not include the ratcheting passenger armrest. Only the driver's armrest ratchets on mine.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
632 Posts
My 21 Sport doesn't have the led eyebrows in it? I wish it did, but how would you deactivate the DRL to connect it to the eyebrows? Major wiring will have to be done, it has to be more than a fuse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts