Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

I have to wonder if I'm going with the wrong colour if I'm trying to "come up with something" to make the truck look "sporty".

Reactions: Roger D

·
Registered
154 Posts
We have a MSM Odyssey. It’s not an eye-catching color but it never looks bad even when dirty. We only wash the outside of ours a couple times a year and usually let God take care of it when it rains. Barely looks different regardless if clean or dirty.

Not sure if this is an attribute or demerit. I guess it depends on your perspective. ;)

I had one gray vehicle - a 1990 Ford Tempo which was even less exciting than sleeping on a cold, dreary day during a power failure...
With that thumpin’ HSC engine under the hood, how much more excitement did you really need?
Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I currently have a 2017 BE that looks fantastic in black.

The problem is, as we all know, that a black truck is impossible to keep clean especially in the snow belts where there is salt and crap on the roads for months on end. ...but clean 🖤🖤🖤

I've ordered a '22 Touring (one down from the BE) in Modern Steel Metallic (MSM) and currently waiting for delivery. ETA end of August. Well as it turns out, there are two of these vehicles within 1hr of my house so I went and had a look in person. My first reaction in person? Meh. It just didn't grab my wallet and say take me home.

View attachment 427187

I've considered the other RL colours but keep coming back to the MSM for various reasons.

So, what can I do to add a little pizzazz to the MSM RL? I ain't buying wheels but open to pin stripes or something to give a bit of flash.

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
My suggestion? Quit buying new cars in this overpriced market.

·
Registered
1 Posts

The problem is, as we all know, that a black truck is impossible to keep clean especially in the snow belts where there is salt and crap on the roads for months on end. ...but clean 🖤🖤🖤

I've ordered a '22 Touring (one down from the BE) in Modern Steel Metallic (MSM) and currently waiting for delivery. ETA end of August. Well as it turns out, there are two of these vehicles within 1hr of my house so I went and had a look in person. My first reaction in person? Meh. It just didn't grab my wallet and say take me home.

View attachment 427187

I've considered the other RL colours but keep coming back to the MSM for various reasons.

So, what can I do to add a little pizzazz to the MSM RL? I ain't buying wheels but open to pin stripes or something to give a bit of flash.

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
I have a ‘22 Black Edition in Sonic Grey Pearl and like it a lot. Looks clean longer and changes color with different lighting. I had a ‘21 RL in Silver with Black HPD wheels and loved it but a crash in January ended that. I had a ‘18 RLE in MSM and didn’t like it. Too dark to accentuate black trim and showed dirt. I would have bought Silver again but I was told they weren’t making more ‘22’s in Silver.
I’ve never had a complete stranger comment on my truck color until Sonic Grey Pearl and it’s now happened 3 times in the first 2 months.

·
Registered
41 Posts

View attachment 427187

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
You could Plastikote the wheels to something brighter or darker than MSM to add a little contrast, and paint the brake calipers bright red or bright yellow while you’re at it. Start with the calipers, just that may be enough pop for you.

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Ridgeline
5 Posts

View attachment 427187

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
I love my MSM. The wheels actually sold me on the MSM color. I had a 2019 RL in White....nice color but needed a change. I miss my transmission shifter :(

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 427187

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
Hello, I own a 2017 rt, 2 wheel drive,
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
8th

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 427187

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts

View attachment 427187

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
I'm on my third FL and they have all been burgundy. At first it was because that is the only color that came with the tan interior but now I wouldn't want anything else.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love my 17 MSM and kept it 'naked' ... besides mudflaps and weather tech mats. The new front end is desirable but not worth upgrading yet. Now, an EV Ridgeline??? SIGN ME UP!!!

🙂

21 - 40 of 68 Posts