Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

Registered
So I currently have a 2017 BE that looks fantastic in black.

The problem is, as we all know, that a black truck is impossible to keep clean especially in the snow belts where there is salt and crap on the roads for months on end. ...but clean 馃枻馃枻馃枻

I've ordered a '22 Touring (one down from the BE) in Modern Steel Metallic (MSM) and currently waiting for delivery. ETA end of August. Well as it turns out, there are two of these vehicles within 1hr of my house so I went and had a look in person. My first reaction in person? Meh. It just didn't grab my wallet and say take me home.

View attachment 427187

I've considered the other RL colours but keep coming back to the MSM for various reasons.

So, what can I do to add a little pizzazz to the MSM RL? I ain't buying wheels but open to pin stripes or something to give a bit of flash.

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Registered

The problem is, as we all know, that a black truck is impossible to keep clean especially in the snow belts where there is salt and crap on the roads for months on end. ...but clean 馃枻馃枻馃枻

I've ordered a '22 Touring (one down from the BE) in Modern Steel Metallic (MSM) and currently waiting for delivery. ETA end of August. Well as it turns out, there are two of these vehicles within 1hr of my house so I went and had a look in person. My first reaction in person? Meh. It just didn't grab my wallet and say take me home.

View attachment 427187

I've considered the other RL colours but keep coming back to the MSM for various reasons.

So, what can I do to add a little pizzazz to the MSM RL? I ain't buying wheels but open to pin stripes or something to give a bit of flash.

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Registered
I just got my 22 rtl in msm and love it. I haven鈥檛 done anything crazy to it yet. Exterior wise just a hefty graphene sealant and every surface shy of the undercarriage and headliner are coated. Rain visors and I had the front windows tinted a few weeks ago. My only gripe is the chrome. I don鈥檛 like it and never will. Here鈥檚 a shot after I just washed it a few hours ago. View attachment 427200
What Visors did you go with?
Also looks like your door handle are NOT Chrome?
I have the same truck and I am loving it.

Registered
That's because it is a meh application of a decent color. I have mine fully graphened (ceramic) and when clean it pops OK. However the limiting factor is the factory finish. Too much orange peel limits how much of a mirror finish it will have. You could wet sand it down and get it to really pop but you will be giving up some clear coat. I would sacrifice some "pop" to have the finish last longer.

Registered
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E

View attachment 427187

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
Add burgundy skunk stripes on hood and tailgate.
Abhay

Registered
Photos? Suggestions?
Add a decal to the side of the bed. I like black but keep my BE garaged and drive my Civic on rainy days. The flag decal off eBay is about $8ea. I went with red but a silver or white would go well with the Modern-Metallic. The decals are the thin type that don't have edges that catch with cleaning or waxing.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Registered

View attachment 427187

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.
Add black steel protection all around. Front, back and sides. I only have the rear so far mounted on the tow bar, one recommended on this site but when I get back from the long trip I'm on putting bars down the side then looking for advice on front protection as mounting anything big looks to be a problem.

Registered
22 Ridgeline Touring
My 22 MSM I've tried to add as many black accents as possible. I hate chrome with the heat of a thousand suns, so added black running boards, window guards, lettering, tonneau cover, front eyebrow, weathertech splash guards. I really like the color, sure, black is freaking awesome, if you can drive in a bubble or have a team of detailers follow you around.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I've now found 3 MSM rl's around me but unfortunately my deal is with a dealer without any vehicles to trade.

To top it off none of the dealers with inventory will sell them without $3-4k of products, i.e. extended warranty, accessories, undercoating, paint protection, etc.

The dealers aren't asking over MSRP but they are making additional profit using their limited inventories.

I'm going to stick with the MSM RL after seeing a clean truck in the dealership.

Like @beaumountain did I'll likely hide the chrome.

Attachments

Registered
I just got my 22 rtl in msm and love it. I haven鈥檛 done anything crazy to it yet. Exterior wise just a hefty graphene sealant and every surface shy of the undercarriage and headliner are coated. Rain visors and I had the front windows tinted a few weeks ago. My only gripe is the chrome. I don鈥檛 like it and never will. Here鈥檚 a shot after I just washed it a few hours ago. View attachment 427200
What do you suggest as brand of rain deflectors? I'm investigating a few different brands from a few companies, as well as nerf bars?? Thx

Registered
My 22 MSM I've tried to add as many black accents as possible. I hate chrome with the heat of a thousand suns, so added black running boards, window guards, lettering, tonneau cover, front eyebrow, weathertech splash guards. I really like the color, sure, black is freaking awesome, if you can drive in a bubble or have a team of detailers follow you around.
Oh forgot, it looks great! I have a white TTL-E, Tan leather. Luv the whole truck!!

Administrator
Tempo or gray car or both?
Both!

I made lots of memories in that Tempo and it was the nicest car by far that I had owned at that point, but its engine and transmission were only slightly more refined than a Model T. It was my first car with power windows, a cruise control, and fuel injection. The solid red interior was certainly more exciting than the gray exterior. :)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts