Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E modern metal metallic
51 Posts
Yours is black? Which coating did you have applied? How old was the truck and what condition was the paint in when you applied it?
Mine is the modern steel metallic 6 months old so no paint corrections I only hand wash my truck. Check out ceramic pros website I got the 5 year protection plan.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL MSM
9 Posts
What Visors did you go with?
Also looks like your door handle are NOT Chrome?
I have the same truck and I am loving it.
I went with weather tech as they’ve treated me well in the past. I am happy my handles aren’t chrome thank goodness. I plasti dipped the emblems on my civic before I sold it and loved it so I ordered a few cans of piano black hyper dip to play around with a chrome delete. We’ll see how that goes.

·
Registered
Ridgeline RTL 2022
38 Posts
Save yourself some money, clean it real good and apply Mother's Ceramic, looks great and adds great protection. Used it on 3 different vehicles so far and they all looked great!

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E (Radiant Red), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,686 Posts
I got my 2020 to "pop" with a good ceramic coating. It's not BMW deep as far as shine goes, but that seems to be Honda's norm in paint colors. However when I bought my 2022, I was ready for more of a standout color-red.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2008 Black RTL pushing 160K. Starting to look at a new 2022. BE looks very nice, but after 14 yrs with one here in the Northeast, time for a color change. Anyone
seen or have a 2022 RTL-E MSM with the black HPD wheels? Looks nice on the build page, but have yet to see one up close.

·
Registered
22 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
31 Posts
I currently have a 17, in honda dark blue, tinted the back windows and a quarter of the front windshield. Added window vents,and a hood deflector. Love the truck
I fell in love with the obsidian blue pearl color on my 22. Haven't owned a blue vehicle in 30 years, and I've had four black on black vehicles in a row. Spousal Unit's SUV is dark Grey. I needed a color! With the ceramic coating, and keeping it clean, the color is beautiful. (And it doesn't have a black interior!)

·
Registered
2022 RTL
9 Posts
I get the original poster’s sentiment. I looked at every color and couldn’t get excited about any of them. Honda’s colors for the most part are boring. Not enough pearl or metallic flake in their paints.
After two weeks of swearing I wouldn’t buy white, black, silver, or gray because EVERY car and truck on the road are those colors, I settled on MSM because I knew I could make it glow after a good polish and top coat.
I think the gunmetal wheels look too similar to the MSM body, and that throws off the styling. I’ll powdercoat or swap my wheels in the future.
To be honest the Ridgeline itself doesn’t get me excited. It’s a lot of things like practical, functional, reasonable value, buts it’s not very exciting.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Funny I notice a lot of manufacturers are only producing grey, white and black for inventories now. I wonder if colour pigment is also a victim of supply chain issues.

• Haha
Reactions: ObsidianRidge

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I get the original poster’s sentiment. I looked at every color and couldn’t get excited about any of them. Honda’s colors for the most part are boring. Not enough pearl or metallic flake in their paints.
After two weeks of swearing I wouldn’t buy white, black, silver, or gray because EVERY car and truck on the road are those colors, I settled on MSM because I knew I could make it glow after a good polish and top coat.
I think the gunmetal wheels look too similar to the MSM body, and that throws off the styling. I’ll powdercoat or swap my wheels in the future.
To be honest the Ridgeline itself doesn’t get me excited. It’s a lot of things like practical, functional, reasonable value, buts it’s not very exciting.
The RL is the essence of "the sum of its parts". It is competent at everything, fails at nothing and is an above average appliance. I'm looking forward to my new truck. :)

My wife has had a new Z performance on order since February... It'll be our fun vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I currently have a 2017 BE that looks fantastic in black.

The problem is, as we all know, that a black truck is impossible to keep clean especially in the snow belts where there is salt and crap on the roads for months on end. ...but clean 🖤🖤🖤

I've ordered a '22 Touring (one down from the BE) in Modern Steel Metallic (MSM) and currently waiting for delivery. ETA end of August. Well as it turns out, there are two of these vehicles within 1hr of my house so I went and had a look in person. My first reaction in person? Meh. It just didn't grab my wallet and say take me home.

View attachment 427187

I've considered the other RL colours but keep coming back to the MSM for various reasons.

So, what can I do to add a little pizzazz to the MSM RL? I ain't buying wheels but open to pin stripes or something to give a bit of flash.

Photos? Suggestions?

Thanks.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts