Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been any mention of release date for the 2022? Not much change except an increase in price and new color Sonic Grey added.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
And maybe the 2022 will have one of the longest runs in the Ridgeline's history. Who would have guessed such a short run for the 2021?

Reactions: zroger73

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
I've never been a fan of it, either. To me, it looks like they forgot to paint it and just clear-coated the primer. :) In certain light, you can see the rainbow effect of the pearl, but that makes me think of oil on the road when it starts raining or a swimming pool with a layer of tanning oil on top.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The primer grey Toyota trucks look pretty good. Too bad this will be too late for my swap.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
175 Posts
Headlight changes?

Only shows LED (low beam)

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
Headlight changes?

Only shows LED (low beam)
There are no obvious changes - the 2021 has LED low beams and halogen high beams as well.

If Honda wants the Ridgeline to regain the IIHS Top Safety Pick award, they'll need to do something with the headlights.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
Too bad they didn't get rid of the chrome.I guess they make a lot of money selling black out trim.
From Honda's perspective, it is a lot easier for people to black out the chrome, than the other way around (nearly impossible). I know many people prefer a "black out" theme, but I personally like a touch of chrome, and the BE wheels are my least favorite part of that trim level.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ahhhh so the story unfolds - helps explain a lot more of what's going on now regarding inventory, color availability, etc.

And I'm guessing those prices have to be in Canadian $, right?!
1 USD : 1.23 CAD as of today

·
Registered
452 Posts
The real news would be if Honda NA site had the 2022 and it had ventilated seats and some of the cool stuff the CA folks get that we don't.

As for that color, I do kind of like it, but I think it would get old. A coworker bought a new Tacoma in that primer gray color. It's not terrible, but wouldn't be my first choice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've never been a fan of it, either. To me, it looks like they forgot to paint it and just clear-coated the primer. :) In certain light, you can see the rainbow effect of the pearl, but that makes me think of oil on the road when it starts raining or a swimming pool with a layer of tanning oil on top.

View attachment 414974
Sure wish they'd start making chrome rims again. I have a 2017 and at least its got some polished AL / gray in the wheels. I have yet to find a set of nicely designed chrome rim for this vehicle short of take the factory wheels and sending them in to be chromed which cost a fortune.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Too bad they didn't get rid of the chrome.I guess they make a lot of money selling black out trim.
Love the gray color. With you 100% on the chrome. There should be NO chrome on any vehicle unless is a blinged out luxoyacht. It's not really chrome..just sliver plastic..which is just awful.

Now...the new McLaren has an option for real platnium badges. Now that's classy! But I think it's like an $80,000 upgrade. LOL! :)

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
111 Posts
All the Canadian models have body color door handles. I guess we are just special to get the chrome RTL-E handles.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts