Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love the gray color. With you 100% on the chrome. There should be NO chrome on any vehicle unless is a blinged out luxoyacht. It's not really chrome..just sliver plastic..which is just awful.

Now...the new McLaren has an option for real platnium badges. Now that's classy! But I think it's like an $80,000 upgrade. LOL! :)
Yes. This. I hate that the current RTL-Es have chrome door handles as a 'feature'; I feel the color matched handles are much more up-market looking.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
An interesting thread.

About color, I don’t like any color that in anyway resembles the color of a highway. I don’t want my vehicle to blend in with the road, I want to be seen.

But hey, I’m just an old dude.

Reactions: Pex15 and blizbod

·
Registered
436 Posts
I noticed that the CA version has option for parking sensors. Has that always been the case?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
The Americans miss out on the front and rear parking sensors on the RTL, among other things.

Reactions: Pex15

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
258 Posts
The Americans miss out on the front and rear parking sensors on the RTL, among other things.
I honestly still don't understand why Honda wont put (most of) these things on US - maybe on Black Edition or "Elite"
Ventilated seats, rear outboard seat heaters, folding power mirrors, rear climate controls, etc. All very useful things to compete with top-level offerings of competitors.
There is probably some business related reason, but then again, I think most people here agree that Honda just doesn't push the Ridgeline - it's very strange.

I wonder if anyone can surmise from this spec sheet (reading between the lines) to get an idea if '22 will finally get infotainment update

Spec sheet mentions 2x 12v outlets. Is this something new for 21 or 22, or related to CA RL's?
AFAIK, my 20 only has single 12v outlet in the front dash. (Always wishing for another one for rear passengers.)

ok nm, I see it’s in the center console. Not exactly useful for rear passengers. It’s buried under all my stuff in there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bought a 2020 CRV EXL for the Mrs. We test drove a Sonic Gray. At the time they had like 4 maybe 5 in stock early Dec 2020. I went on Christmas eve to buy her CRV on year end close out. But, no more Sonic Grays. A little disappointed but we got the Silver.

I think the RL will look great in the Sonic Gray!

Gusto!

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts
Don't be too envious American neighbours. Every trim level has more stuff but at a higher cost. This doesn't really matter because there are no Ridgelines on the dealer lots. Zero, in a lot of cases.
how much more for the sport in USD? Just curious. It seems like the sport gets a lot more then the US version.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Spec sheet mentions 2x 12v outlets. Is this something new for 21 or 22, or related to CA RL's?
AFAIK, my 20 only has single 12v outlet in the front dash. (Always wishing for another one for rear passengers.)
Rear panel 2017 Canadian model.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Bought a 2020 CRV EXL for the Mrs. We test drove a Sonic Gray. At the time they had like 4 maybe 5 in stock early Dec 2020. I went on Christmas eve to buy her CRV on year end close out. But, no more Sonic Grays. A little disappointed but we got the Silver.

I think the RL will look great in the Sonic Gray!

Gusto!
Saw a Civic in what looked like the same grey a few days ago. Looked great in person.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know if it applies to the US but I noticed that door handles will be body colored for all models.
how much more for the sport in USD? Just curious. It seems like the sport gets a lot more then the US version.
$36,220.00 USD + destination, tax, etc for the sport in Canada. I crunched a few numbers for different trim models and it isn't as different as I thought.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,712 Posts
'Just another reason I'm on the list for a Rivian R1T when they are finally released to us in the USA. I'm sure Jeff will get all his vans before we finally get our R1Ts. And I have not heard that there will be model differences for the ones going to Canada.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
I wonder if anyone can surmise from this spec sheet (reading between the lines) to get an idea if '22 will finally get infotainment update
The 2021 model received a volume knob and fingerprint-resistant screen. Additional changes for 2022 are highly unlikely.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts