Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL Modern Steel Metallic
24 Posts
If Sonic Gray had been available on the '21s I would have been interested. I really like it on the Civics. I'm so-so on how it looks on the CRVs. The renderings of it on the Ridgeline look okay, but I'd have to see it in person. It also looks like in Canada it will only be available on the higher trims. Probably will be the case in the US too. Probably just as well Sonic Gray wasn't available in '21. I can't see myself bumping up to the RTL-E or BE just for a color.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
The Ridgeline has never offered any colors exclusive to Canada. In fact, the Canadian Ridgeline offers a small color palette than US models. The 2022 US Pilot will offer Sonic Gray Pearl as well. I'd be very surprised if the 2022 US Ridgeline didn't offer the color.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Ridgeline has never offered any colors exclusive to Canada. In fact, the Canadian Ridgeline offers a small color palette than US models. The 2022 US Pilot will offer Sonic Gray Pearl as well. I'd be very surprised if the 2022 US Ridgeline didn't offer the color.
Its confusing. First dealer said, 'from the info we have' no Sonic Grey Pearl...only Canada'. Second dealer said yes we can order one...then when we got closer to ordering she said. 'sorry, just heard Sonic Grey is only in Canada'. But I agree...they tend to be pretty out of the loop. So you think we will get the Sonic Grey?

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
Honda already said it's not coming until late-'21 or early-'22 for the US Pilot and Canadian Ridgeline. Again, I'd be surprised if it wasn't offered for the '22 Ridgeline (later this year or early next year).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Honda already said it's not coming until late-'21 or early-'22 for the US Pilot and Canadian Ridgeline. Again, I'd be surprised if it wasn't offered for the '22 Ridgeline (later this year or early next year).
Well its a waiting game then. If there's one knock on Honda its color options. Boring. The new red looks good on the sport but when you add the chrome on the RTL-E it gets old man really quick (which I am but don't want to drive like one...lol). I really like the Sonic Grey and will wait for confirmation one way or another. Appreciate the input.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The vast majority of buyers prefer "boring" colors. If an automaker could only offer four colors, they'd be white, black, gray, and silver which would satisfy the vast majority of buyers. :)

True. The RL is not a young gun truck so the traditional colors make sense. But things are changing. I'm not a young gun but I'm sure not going to drive an old man truck (which is ironic because I currently drive an 08 Pearl White Sport Trac with chrome lathered all over it. It screams retired.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I spoke to my dealer today on a 22 and he said the computer shows Sonic Gray is a color option for the Ridgeline here in the US. He checked both the Sport and the RTLE trims and found the color as an option, although none are currently in transit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I spoke to my dealer today on a 22 and he said the computer shows Sonic Gray is a color option for the Ridgeline here in the US. He checked both the Sport and the RTLE trims and found the color as an option, although none are currently in transit.
I appreciate the update. I think my local salespeople are just lazy. I will give them one more chance before I move to another dealer. I've driven about everything available and just keep coming back to the RL and ready to get something ordered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mind sharing your dealers info? I want someone to reference when I go see my dealer. Thanks.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
Honda Cars of Rockwall. He said likely looking at early next year as none are currently in transit.
It takes less than a day to build a vehicle and two weeks on average to ship it to a dealer. A dealer can know what to expect within the next 4-6 weeks based on their allocation, but they have no way of knowing what is or isn't coming after that. That's just a salesperson fabricating a story in hopes that you'll buy something else they do have in inventory or in transit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
LOL...just talked to this dealership. They said no go on the SGP on the ridgeline. Salesman read me an 'article'. Asked if he bothered to look up the options on the 2022 Ridgeline on the order computer and he all but hung on me. I give up.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts