Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Speed matters as the aerodynamics (Drag CD) are not very good. On Interstate I get about 22 -23 depending on my speed. On 2 lanes at speeds of 55-60 I get around 25ish. It's a fairly heavy vehicle so that is a factor too. I believe EPA estimates are at a lower speed than most people drive. MPG's have increased some as I get more mileage on the engine (currently about 6,200 miles). I also calculate mileage as the computer is usually 1.5 - 2.5 mpg optimistic.

· Registered
233 Posts
I had a weird experience with mileage issues a couple of days ago. I had about 50 miles on that tank and the indicated 'Range' was 381 miles. As I drove the elapsed odometer mileage climbed but the range didn't move off 381. After about 20 miles suddenly the range began dropping rapidly, about 5 miles per second: 380-375-370-365 etc. until it bottomed out around 200 miles of range left. And this is with over 3/4 tank left. After a couple of minutes the range popped back up over 300 to the correct setting. I don't know if this 'hiccup' is common, I have never seen it before but maybe it has done it in the past w/o me watching the instruments so closely. Not a concern to me, just an oddity.

· Registered
233 Posts
2022 RTL-E at the beginning of September. First tank was awful at ~17mpg. Might be the grade of fuel the dealer put in.
After that did 21-22 eco mode or not on regular. Guess I have a light foot, tending to keep rpms <2K while accelerating.
Vehicle mpg is .5-1 optimistic over calculation.
My wife gets a solid 18-17 when she drives. Can't keep the pedal still. Surges almost as as much as the ACC does following another car.
I leave eco mode off now since the throttle map gets me in trouble if I have to punch it. Made my foot move too far when I drove her Ody.
Wish there was some way I could re-map the pedal curve.
What pressure y'all keeping your stock tires at?
37 psi all around.

· Registered
233 Posts
My 22 RTL-E was the same, 18 to 19 mpg on the highway, for the first 7k miles anyway. Now with about 13k on the truck I'm tracking about 22 mpg around town and 27 mpg highway. Still less than my 17 Ridgeline which was about 24 and 30 mpg. I stopped hand calculating when I found only about a 1 mpg difference overall than indicated. My experience anyway and I sure hope your mileage goes up.
While I am averaging 20 to 22 mpg for the most part (small town driving) on a recent early morning (5 am) interstate trip of 125 miles I got 25.9 mpg driving around 69 mph in almost no traffic at all and no stops. So the RL can do it in premium conditions (which are rare). I always hand calculate mileage & compare to the computer's version which is usually about 1-2 mpg optimistic. I have about 18,000 miles on the odo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts