Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got a 2022 RTL made in January 2022 and with only 800 miles on it, I have been getting about 20 around town and about 24-25mpg on not too hilly roads with little traffic at speeds between 55-65. At 70mph on the Interstate, I am getting right on 24mpg and of course the engine is not fully broken in yet. I painstakingly broke in the truck for the first 600 miles varying my speeds and acceleration all over the place and did not use the cruise control until I had the 600 miles on the odometer. I make sure that my tires are exactly aired up to the truck's specifications of 35psi when cold. With all of the frontal area of the newest design, I notice that the mileage is fairly significantly affected by the prevailing winds. Head winds really hammer the mpg's. I should mention that I live in Florida where we do not have Winter fuel blends and the temperatures are significantly more moderate/less harsh than a great many parts of the country where RL's operate. I am sure that because I don't live in a crowded metropolitan area of the State that my mileage will be significantly better than those driving under more complex conditions. BTW, I do compare the calculated vs. computer generated MPG figures and for the most part, there is not a significant discrepancy because of my relatively flat roads and mild driving conditions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
2022 RTL RL with 2000 miles on the odometer. Did a 223 mile trip on a toll road with some minor hills and no wind and round trip averaging probably about 65 mph, I got 25.23 mpg measured with a repeat fill-up just before the trip mileage and took the exact same round round trip and gassed up at the same place. The gas computer onboard registered 26mpg for the trip and I was the sole occupant at 157 pounds. I was surprised at how closely the two measurements correlated with each other. Tires were all reading 37psi on my dash monitor. My only modification is a Lomax Tri-Fold hard tonneau cover which should not appreciably change the expected mpg by much according to various sites that suggest fractional improvements in mpg with the hard tonneau cover. I used cruise control for about 40% of the trip and was smooth on the throttle with only about 20 miles of surface streets with stop lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts