Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Radiant Red - LED update in work
18 Posts
2022 RTL-E at the beginning of September. First tank was awful at ~17mpg. Might be the grade of fuel the dealer put in.
After that did 21-22 eco mode or not on regular. Guess I have a light foot, tending to keep rpms <2K while accelerating.
Vehicle mpg is .5-1 optimistic over calculation.
My wife gets a solid 18-17 when she drives. Can't keep the pedal still. Surges almost as as much as the ACC does following another car.
I leave eco mode off now since the throttle map gets me in trouble if I have to punch it. Made my foot move too far when I drove her Ody.
Wish there was some way I could re-map the pedal curve.
What pressure y'all keeping your stock tires at?

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Radiant Red - LED update in work
18 Posts
i think you have the technique nailed. I try to do that most of the time and take my foot off tge gas long before I get to a light where I think it will turn red soon. I have averaged around 22 mpg (the car says 23, but my gas usage says 22) since I brought it home. I have noticed that the (nearly) instantaneous mpg gauge can be as high as 37.5if I am puttering along between 35 and 40 on level ground with no wind. Aero drag has a big effect on trucks.
I left my tires at 37 all around, they way they were from the dealership.
i tried Eco, but I can get the same mileage in standard if I just drive gently. Hopefully, you will get used to the pedal curve. Every car is different.
Curious to know how the pedal position/force is mapped for the two modes.
Is it just directly to throttle opening, rpm's, manifold pressure, or some other calculated target?
I'd have to check if my ODB scanner can chart all those to see what the relationship is.
I could probably figure this out with the service manual.
There doesn't seem to be any sort of off-line version though.
Anyone happen to know what type of sensor is used for throttle and brake?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts