Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,743 Posts
As mentioned above, cold temps and winter blend gas can impact MPG significantly. In my commute to work, my summertime average was 21-22mpg, and my wintertime average has been around 18MPG when below 20°F.

Idling time will also significantly cut into the MPG, more than you might think.

My MPG improved somewhat after I got about 5000 miles on the truck.

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,743 Posts
I have never ever seen a vehicle get what the manufacturer advertises. They test at levels we as real drivers never would duplicate. I am a brand new Ridgeline owner and bought mine 200 miles away. With 5 miles on the odometer when I left dealership I filled it up when I arrived at my hometown. Had cruise set at 78 MPH basically all the way home on interstate- I got right 20 MPG…. More than happy with that.
My '02 Accord always did much better than the EPA numbers, but that was back when Honda made Hondas.

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,743 Posts
I've also noticed that the Ridgeline is overly sensitive to wind wrt MPG. I attribute this to the weight and size of the vehicle in combination with the V6 producing relatively little torque at cruising rpms. Great MPG with the wind, horrible against the wind.

Some folks around here had similar issues with early versions of the 3.5 EgoBoost from Ford. The turbos would always kick in when going against the wind and they could watch their fuel gauge needle drop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts