Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to replace the chrome ascent with the OEM black edition one, i have removed the panel and plastic plugs but it won’t budge. Any guidance how how to remove the piece would greatly appreciated! I search the forum but did not see anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline Sport
133 Posts
Other than the 4 plastic trim fasteners at the top, the rest are 6 hidden clips that are attached to the trim piece. Should just pull straight out. I haven't done it, but I would start with the ends, you may need a plastic trim tool to pry with (or flathead screwdriver wrapped in painters tape).
Automotive parking light Watercraft Naval architecture Automotive lighting Vehicle

Yuriy Motso has a video on the pre-refresh grille, but the process looks very similar:

How to remove a Honda Ridgeline Grille - YouTube

·
Registered
‘21 RTL - MSM
83 Posts
I used a plastic trim tool and started at the end. It comes straight out and is a bit of a pain at first. Once you get the 1st one the rest is easy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It takes more force than you would expect. Start at the end, use a pry tool. Then get your fingers under it and pull out. When the clips release, it almost sounds like you are breaking something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts