Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,669 Posts

· Super Moderator
24,669 Posts
That 2.7T has some known issues most of them related to cylinder deactivation.
Ah, VCM (in another form) rears its ugly head again.

· Super Moderator
24,669 Posts
So far in the couple years we've had the 2016 WRX, it has been an absolute delight to drive. And pretty economical if you keep your foot out of the turbo. Nothing but fluids and filter changes so far (and a battery and tires). Coming up on 52k miles and an oil and filter change, along with a tire rotation and brake pad check.

I had a 1984 (86?) Mercedes 300D and that was an impressive 5 cylinder turbo'd diesel, but it had no guts below 2000 rpm but then took off like a rocket. No issues with that one either in the couple years I had it.

My son has a 2011 F150 with the ecoBoost V6 turbo and with well over 170k miles, it runs like a champ. I was quite impressed with it when I drove it recently, and he pulls a twin axle camper all over the east coast with it.

YMMV and all that, as usual.

Reactions: Sparkland

· Super Moderator
24,669 Posts
My son in law - truly a "car guy" - bought a 2014 WRX new, and it's been great. That turbo can push you back in the seat a little, and as you also have experienced, his has been trouble-free. And the four doors make it pretty darn practical as well.

He'd like to have a truck, particularly the F150 with the 2.7 turbo. He likes my Ridgeline, but has two young kids - so two car seats - and is about 6'6", and the big cabin of the Ford would be beneficial him & family.
My son carries 6 (2 adults and 4 kids (ages 8-14) plus 2 dogs) in the F150. They would like something a bit bigger that's tow capable. He's probably looking at a F250 or F350. He wants to upgrade the double axle camper to a 38 ft-er too. Yikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts