Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've been consistently owning/driving Chevy Silverado 1500 - 3500 C & K pickups since the mid-1980's and they've overall been very reliable for me, going a quarter-million miles before I sold them (still running).

The refreshed 2022's are very nice and comfortable to drive when not blinged out with 22" rims.

I've been eyeballing a new Denali 1500 with the 6.2L gasser, but I figure with 40,000 (or more) 2022 c/k1500's alone still waiting to be shipped out to dealers, I figure (the 2022's) will be deeply discounted come this cold Feb or March when sitting next to the 2023's that are already on the dealer's lots (y)
6.6L V8 more dependable. 6.2L V8 valve-train issues would terrify me.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,472 Posts
My son in law - truly a "car guy" - bought a 2014 WRX new, and it's been great. That turbo can push you back in the seat a little, and as you also have experienced, his has been trouble-free. And the four doors make it pretty darn practical as well.

He'd like to have a truck, particularly the F150 with the 2.7 turbo. He likes my Ridgeline, but has two young kids - so two car seats - and is about 6'6", and the big cabin of the Ford would be beneficial him & family.
My son carries 6 (2 adults and 4 kids (ages 8-14) plus 2 dogs) in the F150. They would like something a bit bigger that's tow capable. He's probably looking at a F250 or F350. He wants to upgrade the double axle camper to a 38 ft-er too. Yikes.

Reactions: Pleease

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Unfortunately I'd have to jump up to the HD line for that powertrain, then loose active suspension and my ride comfort would suffer :cry: so I'll need to keep my 15 yo Silverado 3500 LBZ for hauling my tractor around (y)
Must be a bigger tractor to require a truck that strong - what is it? I have a small tractor, a Kubota BX, but it's suited well for my purposes.

·
Registered
We have 3 RTL-E's, a '22, '20 and '17
109 Posts
Man, that's a lot of space! You definitely need "real tractors" vs. my little guy :).
Yes, but unfortunately grass, weeds and trees will take over in a short time, I spend a lot of my retirement fixing-fixing-fixing, although feeding the wild birds & turkeys, deer and raccoon is very rewarding.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts