Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
23,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first HR-V was based on the Fit. I thought it was practical, reasonably efficient, fun, and comfortable to drive, but underpowered with its 1.8L engine.

The new HR-V is based on the Civic. It grew in size and now has independent rear suspension. It also gets the Civic's base 2.0L engine. Unfortunately, it's less efficient and loses the Magic Seat. Built-in navigation is no longer offered - you must use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Almost comical, Hill Descent Control makes its debut for Honda in the 2023 HR-V.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I like the look of this one better and a see a little bit of Macan. When it all settles out my guess is the Corolla Cross Hybrid will be the one to get in that class. With the next CRV and now this HRV increasing in size will Honda slot something below the HRV or will folks buy fewer Pilots and Passports?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
What is the new Traffic Jam Assist? Does it pour you a cup of coffee while you wait?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
177 Posts
I think this is a good indication of what is to come with the CR-V and Pilot. The CR-V will probably become a three-row (it already has been in Asia/Pacific markets) to better compete with the Kia Sorento, etc. and the Pilot will get beefier to shed its minivan image and compete better with (gestures wildly) everything in that class. Where all this leaves the Passport is another question. That thing needs a clean sheet design to have a future, IMO.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm all for smaller SUVs/CUVs, but I never thought the HRV looked good. Like the Toyota CHR and Nissan Juke--so homely (Honda hoped) people would find them cute.

This one doesn't look aggressively ugly, actually looks a little boring to me. Kind of like the VW SUVs.

IDK. I helped my son get a Mazda CX30 last year, and I don't see any reason to go with one of the other small SUVs. If you love Hondas and want a small SUV, this might work for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife and I test drove one of these a few days ago after buying my Ridgeline. They had it decked out with the HPD package which looked super sweet minus the stupid decals. But they wanted 6k for the HPD package and a few other worthless items since they installed the HPD package themselves. As for the vehicle we really liked it. Looks sporty and the interior is beautiful.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
167 Posts
Without being electrified in any way (like maybe a plug-in hybrid, at least?), and with the poor fuel economy it has, the new HR-V is already old school and outdated. Nothing here to see; move on.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
167 Posts
Silver, Dark Silver, White & Black are actual colors, right?
They are shades of grey, a class of “non-colors”, and they are seen on the majority of vehicles on the road today. Shades of grey are what you’d see in a “black and white” photo, or on a television before there was “color TV”. Lucky for me, the popularity of non-colors makes it very easy for me to find my bright lime-green car in a parking lot.

My Ridgeline is white, a non-color, chosen only because Honda did not offer real colors for the Ridgeline for the 2017 model year. Yes, there was a dark red and a dark blue, but in dim light they may as well have been black.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts