Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
When vehicle paints began trending strongly towards shades of grey, I invented the term “non-color” for my own purposes as a way to describe them.
When I read your post, #18, I recalled my high school art teacher saying that black is the presence of all pigment colors and my high school physics teacher saying white is the present of all light colors. Of course, neither of those fellows were conflating their opinion with fact.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
When I read your post, #18, I recalled my high school art teacher saying that black is the presence of all pigment colors and my high school physics teacher saying white is the present of all light colors. Of course, neither of those fellows were conflating their opinion with fact.
Both are correct. Some technical fields refer to color as being additive or subtractive. Your high school physics teacher is speaking in terms of additive color. Your art teacher was speaking in terms of subtractive color. Google it for more info.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Both are correct. Some technical fields refer to color as being additive or subtractive. Your high school physics teacher is speaking in terms of additive color. Your art teacher was speaking in terms of subtractive color. Google it for more info.
I have no doubt either teacher was correct. The art teacher was talking about pigment and the physics teacher was talking about visible light. Neither were conflating their opinion with fact as they were starting fact not opinion.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Saw one today. It was a beautiful red sport with black wheels. Nice paint job Honda. The HRV badge was in chrome and the sport badge was in black, weird. This color pops big time. Then I looked it up, 28k for Fred Flintstone power. Then I looked at how much a CRV EX costs, yikes. RAV4 Hybrid LE or GAS LE is by far a better value IMO. However, if they Hybridize this HRV is could solve the power issue. I mean, the 1990 Integra that I had was similar in the power specs.

This HRV is like a lifted sedan. Crosstour was ahead of its time. Too much looks like it today, especially the EV's. With the prices of everything going up these HRV's and Civics look like they are value packed and very nice looking.

·
Registered
22 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
32 Posts
I sat in a new HR-V on the showroom floor and was impressed with the interior and new styling. It looks so much better, like a class above the dowdy previous model. My neighbor is seriously considering purchasing one. The Sport indeed has beautiful black wheels and, if
I recall, cool orange stitching on the upholstery. That Nordic Forest color looks interesting...at least it's not another shade of gray.

·
Administrator
23,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The new Nordic Forest Pearl appears wildly different from one photo the next. I've not yet seen a photo that accurately represents it. In person, it looks like the color that resulted when I smeared all colors of finger paint together when I was a child.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The new Nordic Forest Pearl appears wildly different from one photo the next. I've not yet seen a photo that accurately represents it. In person, it looks like the color that results when I smeared all colors of finger paint together when I was a child.
I can see the marketing now…”Nordic Forest Pearl connects drivers with their childhood, when life was full of possibilities.”

21 - 30 of 30 Posts