Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Pretty excited about this as my hopes were dashed when the S2000 replacement didn't come to fruition. I owned 2, a 97 GS with leather and for a very short time a 98 Type R. Hopefully Honda resists the urge to go hybrid (ala the CRZ and NSX) as that just isn't going to sell.

This is likely to be Honda's last hurrah with ICE so I would love to see two models, a 6 speed NA FWD (with the civic type-r LSD) to compete with the BRZ/AE86 and an all out sh-awd 2.0t version.

AKA what the Integra was and what the Integra could be.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
364 Posts
This was a leaked presentation about future vehicles that was running around many popular sites right after the TLX Type S was announced.

It says "New Compact Sedan - Type S" or in other words the new 2022 Integra. I don't expect a 2 door integra. Especially after Honda killed the Civic Coupe due to poor sales.

There is a lot of speculation out there.
I believe the Integra Type S will be using the TLX base engine, maybe with a bump in power to make it more special.
Cost?

Will it have AWD. No one really knows but right now every Type S under Acura is AWD.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had two Teg's in high school. A '99 LS that I wrapped around a tree (no one but me was hurt) and a '98 GS-R. The '98 got me through college and even some years after. Ah, the memories in those cars.

Honda will royally eff it up. Maybe if we keep the bar low enough we'll be surprised? Their "Type S" is a joke. Even Toyota is pumping out exciting vehicles these days. Honda has become the boring auto manufacturer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with the TLX Type-S other than its weight. Seems pretty competitive in its segment. And unlike the last TL Type-S actually has a vast performance advantage over the base.

Even though Honda is really good at disappointing me, I'm going to stay optimistic because killing off all of their coupes opens the door to push those sales to an Integra coupe. Also the spy shot here seems to fit an Integra Mystery car driving around: new Acura Integra?????

Honda has already stated there wouldn't be a hatchback SI or a sedan Type-R, so the following would make sense and not cause competition between the ranks (like the old Accord coupe vs CL, Civic SI vs RSX)

Civic Sedan Si
Civic 5dr Hatchback Type R
Integra 3dr Coupe

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anything "good" is going to cost a lot of money. And that alone will go against what the Integra was all about. I had a 1989 new back then. IMO, there's a lot of Honda goodies the new Integra can pull from. I supposed it will depend on where Honda want to price it at. $30K will be a winner.

Going back to the ILX, when you really look at it today, the starting price of $26K MSRP is not a bad deal. Old Civic, old tech, etc. I wish Acura would promote it more.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline Pearl White Black Edition
140 Posts
Acura is a dying brand as my friend and sales guy said.
This might be Acura's last stand to revive the brand.
Post your old integra pictures!
I owned a 95 GSR and 99 RS at the same time. Used for different reasons.

Lets see if any of you old Team-Integra.net members remember these cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Traded a mint 2001 Integra GS for my S2000 over 16 years ago, car was not fast in the slightest but was a delight to drive. Glad to see the Integra come back, only wish I had room in my garage for one.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 60 Posts