Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
371 Posts
This was a leaked presentation about future vehicles that was running around many popular sites right after the TLX Type S was announced.

It says "New Compact Sedan - Type S" or in other words the new 2022 Integra. I don't expect a 2 door integra. Especially after Honda killed the Civic Coupe due to poor sales.

There is a lot of speculation out there.
I believe the Integra Type S will be using the TLX base engine, maybe with a bump in power to make it more special.
Cost?

Will it have AWD. No one really knows but right now every Type S under Acura is AWD.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
371 Posts
Many are upset including me.

We wanted an Integra. Not an upscaled Civic.

The integra was always a step above the Civic, not a side step (performance wise).

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
371 Posts
I believe the LSD only comes with the manual.
Correct

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Elantra N line.
Right now if I have to choose. I pick the Elantra. I give more priority to performance than comfort. The Elantra performance-wise is in another league compared to the new Integra.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
371 Posts
I hate PR stunts. This was no "leak" - Toyota did this one purpose. I hate it even more when they actually work. :) I had no idea this vehicle was coming.

Nearly as much HP from a 1.6L I3 that Honda gets from a 2.0L I4? Interesting. That's more HP per litre than a Ford GT or Bugatti Chiron. Will some of that HP be from an electric motor?

I DO like the sound of an I3 engine, though! I'd like to see Honda's turbocharged 1.0L I3 as the base engine in the new HR-V that will be revealed in a few days.
I would love to have one. But the markup will be so crazy high that it seems that the ridgeline will be here for a longer time.
This vehicle should fill the void left by the EVO and STI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts