Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
I hope Acura makes the Integra feel and drive like the old ones.

In this age of horsepower wars, people have forgotten how much fun it is to drive a "slow" car fast. I have such fond memories of my 100hp RX-7, my 158hp VW Corrado, and other cars. They weren't "fast", but if you beat the ever loving pee out of them...you could hustle them down a twisty back road with a big grin on your face.

I'm entering a season of my life where my disposable income will be limited due to my daughter heading off to college soon. But when I get my toy fund built back up, I plan on picking up something small and fun to drive. Right now the 86/BRZ is what I'm wanting the most. Something with modest power, but great handling and driving dynamics...and of course...a manual transmission.

·
Registered
649 Posts
IDK the only Acura I’ve ever owned was an ‘03 CL. It was very nice, and in fact I wish they’d bring it back!

However there‘s a lot of competition in this segment these days. Why get the Integra over the Civic SI, which finally looks like a normal car, has decent amenities and offers probably the most bang for the buck performance-wise?

Or the redesigned WRX/STI? Or the 86/BRZ?

I get my small car performance kicks from a ‘21 Miata RF GT. But if I were gonna go for something with a fixed top that offers a more “stripped down” experience I’d go BRZ all the way.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Acura is a dying brand as my friend and sales guy said.
This might be Acura's last stand to revive the brand.
Post your old integra pictures!
I owned a 95 GSR and 99 RS at the same time. Used for different reasons.
View attachment 416849 View attachment 416850 View attachment 416851 View attachment 416852 View attachment 416853 View attachment 416854

Lets see if any of you old Team-Integra.net members remember these cars.
Nice cars. There’s an Integra down the street from me that sadly is not in good condition. Needs a teenager with some mechanical skills to fix up and make right.

As far as dying brand, not really. Acura sales have been pretty steady at 150K/yr for the last decade or so, and this year so far looks on par with previous prepandemic years. Purists may moan, but somebody’s buying those soulless Acuras. My neighbor for instance, who has 2.

·
Registered
649 Posts
It looks decent. I see a fun little smile with a hint of evil playfulness in it.
I think it looks fine but a little generic. It doesn’t really look like an older Integra coupe. I like the front end quite a bi….that’s a strong point for the current Acuras.

JMO most of these smaller performance sedans today have a similar look—WRX, Civic SI, Elantra N, etc. Cars had more diversity of styling 15-20-30 years ago. Sometimes that was a bad thing LOL (Pontiac Aztek, in fact just about any Pontiac…), but the Integra was a sharp-looking car for its time.

·
Registered
534 Posts
My comment wasn't well written - - It should have come out something like: Honda is following the formula that effectively ended the Integra / RSX with the 2006 Civic Si, which had the same engine "detuned by 4hp haha" and added the LSD which the RSX-S didn't have for thousands cheaper.

I had started to rant but what is the point. It is obvious by their marketing that Honda is comfortable resting on the laurels of its 90s and early 00s heritage and yet they don't even seem to understand why people bought their cars back then. Bumpers embossed with Integra isn't what we were looking for.

Mark gets it, if only Honda did...

·
Registered
901 Posts
I drove a 1998 Type R when I was car shopping back then. It was a little to "hair shirt" for even me and so I bought the GSR. I wish I hadn't returned that car.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I hope Acura makes the Integra feel and drive like the old ones.

In this age of horsepower wars, people have forgotten how much fun it is to drive a "slow" car fast. I have such fond memories of my 100hp RX-7, my 158hp VW Corrado, and other cars. They weren't "fast", but if you beat the ever loving pee out of them...you could hustle them down a twisty back road with a big grin on your face.

I'm entering a season of my life where my disposable income will be limited due to my daughter heading off to college soon. But when I get my toy fund built back up, I plan on picking up something small and fun to drive. Right now the 86/BRZ is what I'm wanting the most. Something with modest power, but great handling and driving dynamics...and of course...a manual transmission.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. The reason why most of us bought an Integra over a more powerful mustang or camaro was because it was a fun and agile car that was a blast to rev the nuts off the thing and still stay at somewhat legal speeds.

GR86 is looking mighty good this morning.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I drove a 1998 Type R when I was car shopping back then. It was a little to "hair shirt" for even me and so I bought the GSR. I wish I hadn't returned that car.
When I bought my 97 Integra GS-R was a white Type-R on the showroom floor - with the dealer installed AC and markup it was close to $30k. I tried, but the dealer wasn't going to drag it out of the showroom to let a 23 yr old kid who could barely afford the GS-R put miles on it.

11 years later I did drive a 98 listed for $19k - I loved it but at the time it was a bit raw to be my only car with a 100mi commute (especially with no AC) so I ended up with a TL instead.

Like the NSX I do regret not grabbing one when they were relatively cheap

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'd think they'd lose a lot of sales by not offering the 10-spd. Makes me wonder if the Civic platform was never designed to incorporate the AT10...

I imagine the 10-spd is also a lot more expensive than the CVT. At least Honda does a decent CVT. Still, there are many buyers out there who'd take an old AT5 instead of a CVT, except Honda doesn't make those anymore.

The 6MT will make many happy.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
364 Posts
Many are upset including me.

We wanted an Integra. Not an upscaled Civic.

The integra was always a step above the Civic, not a side step (performance wise).

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I thought Acura was supposed to differentiate itself from Honda. Like that hatch though. I think it has an LSD too but how can you put a CVT in a car that looks like that? It'll probably be a nicely executed/well built package but a 1.5t/CVT can only do so much. At least give it a 2.0t. 10 speed. Why would someone buy this over an Accord Sport 2.0t?

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Elantra N line.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
364 Posts
I believe the LSD only comes with the manual.
Correct

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Elantra N line.
Right now if I have to choose. I pick the Elantra. I give more priority to performance than comfort. The Elantra performance-wise is in another league compared to the new Integra.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,115 Posts
Reactions: longboat

·
Registered
649 Posts
A bit off topic, but I had an ‘01 CL S a few years ago, which I got for my son to drive. Think I paid about $7000 for it in the late ‘00’s—could have been more, but not over $10K as I recall.

It was a sweet car. Great performance, though it did have an auto transmission. I would’ve preferred a manual, especially given the fact that the transmission gave out at about 150K miles. Beautiful, almost spotless, with 70K miles when we got it. Bose sound system.

I wish I had kept it and had my son drive something a bit less posh, though it seemed like a decent deal at the time. My son didn’t maintain it the way it should have been maintained, and in addition to the transmission problem there was a headlamp assembly out that would have cost hundreds of dollars to fix, so we moved on.

Out of 4 kids, there is only one who is a snob about vehicles like I am. My older son has a ‘19 Civic SI (MT) which he loves and takes care of immaculately. My other kids need cars that are bulletproof. I had my younger son (who drove the CL) get a lightly used ‘21 Mazda CX30, along with the best dealer warranty he could get. I figured that was the best way for him to stay on the road. (My daughters have a Subaru Impreza and Toyota Corolla.)

Car Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
With the Corolla GR getting AWD, I wonder if we'll see an Integra R with the SH-AWD system? Will it even fit in that platform?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts