Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
23,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm still on the fence about how well the sport makeover or SGP works on the Odyssey. Maybe it'll grow on me. :)

It slots between the EX-L and Touring with an MSRP of $42,505 including destination.

Changes from the EX-L include:

• Black leather with red stitching on the seats and steering wheel
  • Red ambient lighting
  • 19" gloss black wheels
  • Tinted taillights
  • Gloss black grille, headlight trim, fog light surrounds, door mirrors, B-pillar, C-pillar and taillight trim
  • Black headliner and pillar trim
The 2023 Odyssey is also the first Honda model to include 2 years or 24,000 miles of maintenance.

The LX trim has been discontinued.

The price for the EX increased $900 while the EX-L, Touring, and Elite increased $700.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
Honda obviously upped the maintenance plan, to 2 years/24K miles, in response to Toyota and others. That Honda Odyssey has to be one of the ugliest minivans around, as compared to the Chrysler Pacifica, Toyota Sienna, and the Kia Carnival.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle

Reactions: jimhine

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
372 Posts
Honda obviously upped the maintenance plan, to 2 years/24K miles, in response to Toyota and others. That Honda Odyssey has to be one of the ugliest minivans around, as compared to the Chrysler Pacifica, Toyota Sienna, and the Kia Carnival.
View attachment 425990 View attachment 425991 View attachment 425992
I'm on the other side of the spectrum.
Your prettier ones are uglier for me.
Prefer the Odyssey looks over the others.

Honda will have lots of redesigns in 2024 including the odyssey.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
I'm on the other side of the spectrum.
Your prettier ones are uglier for me.
Prefer the Odyssey looks over the others.
I am with you there, but from all angles the Sienna is my winner.

Reactions: hondopark

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm sure I'm in the minority, not being a lover of everything Honda.

But why put a sports package or is it an appearance package, fake trim level which reads like a Black Edition? whatever, I mean, I get it, Honda will make more money, but paying for an appearance package on a minivan, seems a bit crazy to me. They are very practical but sporty? Nope. Save your money people. No one is going to be complimenting on your cool looking minivan.

·
Administrator
23,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But why put a sports package or is it an appearance package, fake trim level which reads like a Black Edition?
Probably to compete with the Sienna XSE which is available with dark wheels, red stitching, and a sport-tuned suspension and the Pacifica with the S Appearance Package that includes dark wheels and blacked-out trim and the Kia Carnival SX and SX Prestige with dark wheels. The Odyssey was the only minivan without a sport appearance package.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Lots of people buy based on looks. That's just a fact of life. So while I can't say I personally like many of the appearance trims for the price I'm sure Honda knows what it's doing when it puts these things out for people to buy at higher price point.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
Lots of people buy based on looks. That's just a fact of life. So while I can't say I personally like many of the appearance trims for the price I'm sure Honda knows what it's doing when it puts these things out for people to buy at higher price point.
A knee-jerk reaction by Honda to the other auto makers mentioned by @zroger73 above.

Reactions: jimhine

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
167 Posts
I buy on looks, mostly favoring light or bright colors. I can tell you for sure I will not be buying that dull Odyssey shown in post #1.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I personally love that color. My Tacoma was that color, and if I could have found a Ridgeline in that color when I got mine, I would have.

Don't know why I like it, but I do.

Despite my skepticism about minivans detailed in other posts, I think that one looks pretty decent. If I had 4 young kids and a need for a minivan it would be in the running. (Former owner of an Odyssey here.)

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter Metallic
520 Posts
My dad was a US Navy Medic (aka "Corpsman"). All Navy fleet vehicles were a gray similar to SGP (stock photo below, but actual color was closer to SGP). After serving overseas in combat, he returned stateside when us kids were young. A couple of times he drove us to school in a loaner Navy fleet vehicle - we thought that that was so cool! When I see SGP, I always think back to that. :) Though I don't have SGP (I have 2022 G2 Pacific Pewter), I think it's a cool color.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
Don’t forget the Red S trim Pacifica…Honda could have gone all in like Chrysler did on that one.
Red S trim

they showed some restraint.
steve
I wouldn't mind getting that for a rental vehicle, as we usually opt for minivans, due to the ease of exit/entry.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
191 Posts
I recently saw a newish Toyota Sienna with a lift kit and aggressive tires. And I'll admit that I thought it looked great!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts